Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: My Yelowfish flies

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Very lekker Dirk, I think I first saw that pattern on Global Flyfisher.
    Yes, there was a SBS on Global FlyFisher many years back... I tie them in a darker profile, the Yellows love this fly
    A woman who has never seen her husband fly-fish, doesn't know what a patient man she married!

http://dirkleroux.blogspot.com/

Now that is my type of fly..... Well tied too. Thanks for posting it Dirk.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

awesome flies dirk...i'll def be following you and getting ur flies out the rocks and trees
    with that tie, do you take to biot all the way up the sides of the fly to the thorax? looks good and earthy...nice juicy natural.

no doubt a serious killer of the troots as well

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarowan View Post
    awesome flies dirk...i'll def be following you and getting ur flies out the rocks and trees
    with that tie, do you take to biot all the way up the sides of the fly to the thorax? looks good and earthy...nice juicy natural.

no doubt a serious killer of the troots as well
    Thanks Gary!

Yes, I match two biots together so the points flair outward and place them on the side of the body, the warped copper wire secure them nicely. This pattern was also very good to me in NZ last year, I hooked a nice Brown Trout on the Opihi River with this fly - see pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A woman who has never seen her husband fly-fish, doesn't know what a patient man she married!

Hi Dirk...

What is your prefered rig, attaching that little nymph New Zealnd Style to the Control?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Hi Dirk...

What is your prefered rig, attaching that little nymph New Zealnd Style to the Control?
    Yes I mainly use the NZ rig on the Vaal - this nymph is mostly on the piont..

Quote Originally Posted by dleroux View Post
    Yes I mainly use the NZ rig on the Vaal - this nymph is mostly on the piont..
    Cool, I like fishing that way as well....too many flies on the rig means too many tangles for me...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6