Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaal Streams

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    ....Last question, is this the venue we used to know as the Italian's under the high level bridge just below the dam wall, or is it further downstream??

I do not see any directions on their web site, but there again I'm doff.
    Nope not the Italian. The directions are on the site, if my pilsner saturated memory serves me correctly, theres a map under the "contact us" page.
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Windhoek Draught saturated reply,

Ploeettthh
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Thanks guys for the great feedback. Definately a venue worth visiting.

When you talk about rod limits, how many rods do you think it could take??
    6, 8, 10 ??????

When you say there is 500m of river to fish, how wide is the river ?

Last question, is this the venue we used to know as the Italian's under the high level bridge just below the dam wall, or is it further downstream??

I do not see any directions on their web site, but there again I'm doff.
    I dont know the water you mention but I reckon this a little further downstream. There isnt as much water as Stroome or Eendekuil, and the river isnt quite as wide as at Arense, so I reckon 5 or so rods would be ok, you wouldnt be in each others elbows. (admittedly though I didnt explore all the water but did walk the bank upstream before fishing)

The nice thing about this farm is that, although quite a tough venue, its well worth it, most probably due to the fact that its not overfished.

Go to the "contact" page on the website, there is a map and directions to the farm. Call beforehand though so Isaac can ensure that the gate gets opened up for you as it usually stays locked.

Call me when you wanna go there. Very keen to go again. Send me PM with your details.
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

Just checked out the map on their website and know exactly where the place is. Actually went there 2 years ago just after it changed hands whilst on a recce.
    Yes, good looking water, but if memory ( which is not good ) serves I would say a maximum of 4 - 6 rods, which makes me wonder if the place wil be viable as a business venture?

Red face

I agree, 5 rods is my guess... however they do apparently arrange white water rafting, so that may be the bigger part of the business venture? wrt to activity related things there.

Ok, I also went to Vaal Streams this past Sunday. First thing that struck me was how clean the enviroment was.....no bags, no cans and best of all...NO POEFFIE SMELL from the water. The water was the usual "flou tee" color with the usual "o fok dis koud" tempreture.
    After getting used to the cooler water I started lifting some rocks to see what's on the menu. Found some black/golden brown stonefly nymphs up to 2cm, some hugh..........I realy mean hugh turquoise/green caddis larve up to 3cm (one got stuck between my leg and my wading socks, and quicly let me know it was there. I still have the love bite)...and two species of mayfly nymph, one up to a #14 and the other a small #18 to #20.
    Anyway, we had about 60 mins to fish as the rain and thunder brewed on the horizon. I got one nice yellow in awesome condision and my friend also got one good looking fish.
    All and all, an awesome place - very clean, lost of water to fish, reasnoble day rates and good/clean facilities.

I've allready booked a weekend!

I went down to Vaal Streams on Saturday with a mate of mine.. Awesome venue. Clean, well organised, nice facilities and best of all the river is in much better shape. I landed a few yellows and couldn't believe what great shape the fish were in... When cruising through the water, you'll see an awesome silvery yellow shimmer.. They are not as dark as the Parys area.. We didn't land any busses but got a few round 1.5kg and lost one or two slightly bigger..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Went to Vaal streams on sunday, was a good day, caught a number of fish and between four of us all had a good catch.... well done guys

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBarbus View Post
    Went to Vaal streams on sunday, was a good day, caught a number of fish and between four of us all had a good catch.... well done guys
    So where are the pics ? Did you meet up with CJ there ? If you did it would mean that there were 6 f/f on the water.

So where are the pics ? Did you meet up with CJ there ? If you did it would mean that there were 6 f/f on the water.
    There were more than 6 guys, and suprisingly it was"overcrowded" tried to post pics but couldnt... will try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast