Thread: 8wt Shoot out...................

Gogga Banned User

Default 8wt Shoot out...................

Now, I really don't take these guy's too seriously - however, this does make interesting reading.

http://tinyurl.com/2djovf

I have cast most, if not all of the rods tested - and quite frankly I would have come up with a different winner. Having said that - I agree on some of the points, and others I think are just simple marketing ploys - this becomes very obvious when you look here - http://yellowstoneangler.com/onlinestore/shop.html - and see what they stock and sell.

Interestingly the CPS rates really highly, and rightfully so I believe - possibly one of the most underrated rods on market I think.

At the end of the day, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - guess the same can be said - "in the hand of the caster".

All the best
    Mike
    Last edited by Gogga; 24-02-07 at 06:32 PM.

hi gogga
    very interesting read indeed. i must say it must be quite a thing being able to cast such a variety of top notch rods. i have one nice rod which is a g loomis adventure 4wt and i love it. i was given it by my brother. my other rods are what i could afford and no big names there. i sure would like to have a go at some of those big guns. like you say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. still it made an interesting read. thanks for the info
    cheers
    roland
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Kay, so I was suprised with their choice, not that the Loomis range is not top quality, but the SageXi really should heve been higher?? but I do like tha way they do their testing...

What is your coice??
    I would have to choose between these... Cross Current, Sage Xi, Scott X2 & T&T Horizon
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Gogga Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Kay, so I was suprised with their choice, not that the Loomis range is not top quality, but the SageXi really should heve been higher?? but I do like tha way they do their testing...

What is your coice??
    I would have to choose between these... Cross Current, Sage Xi, Scott X2 & T&T Horizon
    In my humble opinion, The Sage Xi series of rods are the Industry leaders in this class. The T&T'S, Scott x2s, Loomis - in fact all of those rods are great rods - Now if these guys where hardcore Guides in someplace like Weipa, or Andros, or even on the Keys, then I would take thier comments a little more seriously.

Again - some folk like stiff rods, some like noodles - it is all up the the person, and how each one perceives a rod to behave in a given situation.

All the best
    Mike
    Last edited by Gogga; 24-02-07 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    Again - some folk like stiff rods, some like noodles - it is all up the the person, and how each one perceives a rod to behave in a given situation.
    Agreed, there are so many factors, as I think I said in the short thread... every condition can have its own stick. I dont have a need for an 8W right now, but I would evaluate my needs before I decided on a stick. It's not always the one that casts further, that is the best for the conditions.
    Last edited by MaXiMuM; 25-02-07 at 01:09 PM.
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.