Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Silicone Baitfish

Nice fly.

I also got some of those rattles the other day. I had big plans needles to say they're still in the packet as I ran into the same problems mentioned above.

Now at least I have some more ideas.

I was thinking in the line of rubber tubing (radio control car fuel line) tied to the tail section with the rattle inserted, but I have my doubts about the durability of the rubber especially with salt water.

I like the idea of the mono and super glue!!!
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    Mark,

I've used rattles once or twice, with no visible increase in success.

My question is whether they really work in attracting fish. Do the guys that use them have increased takes or is it a confidence thing?
    Conrad, I share the same view regarding this. I also have utilised rattles to attract hookups, in my view, a fly that has ''basically'' a good shape, but displaces/moves more water with movement yields better hookups, so no!! I dont include rattles anymore in flies. But glad I tried anyways. I did get fish on them, but it did not ''WOW'' me.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    Mark,

I've used rattles once or twice, with no visible increase in success.

My question is whether they really work in attracting fish. Do the guys that use them have increased takes or is it a confidence thing?
    Guys this is an absolute novice question, but does a baitfish make a rattle or similar sound to a rattle when injured or is this just an attractor to entice the predator to investigate?

If not would this not be an unnatural sound for a weary/causious fish?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2