Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Simms Freestone Boots

I did not pay R3000 but a mere 150 odd pounds....far less than local. Abour R1600 at the time

But yes, definately worth every cent. And I will buy another pair when needed.
    "Vermoëns is wat mens in staat is om te doen... Motivering, bepaal wat mens doen... Gesindheid bepaal HOE mens dit doen.." ¬ Lou Holtz

Good news! Between our local dealer (thanks John and Matt) and the guys at Frontier (Dean and Mike), they have taken upon themselves to sort us out and then carry on negotiations with Simms. I will, once we have the final details post them here.

So fist off thanks to Upstream and Frontier!

Secondly, i must point out that i have no problem with wear and tear.... as has been stated, a good quality vibram sole which provides good grip is generally going to be a slightly softer compound and therefore wear faster. As long as the rest of the boot is in good nic i dont mind replacing soles as and when needed. There has to be some comprimise between longevity and grip!

Watch this space, as i said, i will post details and a review of the new boots!!!!

sorry to hijack the thread for a sec- Ian dont you want to post a big pic of that LM in your profile pic. Would like to have a better look at it
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

I would also like to thank John and Matt from Upstream as well as Dean and Mike from Frontier.

Like Kyle i will also keep everyone updated and also let you know how the new boots hold out!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Just to keep me looped, were the boots replaced? Did you get Riversheds??
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Just to keep me looped, were the boots replaced? Did you get Riversheds??
    From what we have been told the boots will be replaced. We are hoping the our boots will be on the next shipment which i think is in about a week or so!

So its looking good, Thanks again Mike!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

I have just returned from Upstream with a very big smile on my face. Not only did i get new boots but the boots have been upgraded free of charge!

I would like to offer a huge THANK YOU to John and Matt from Upstream as well as Dean and Mike From Frontier. Replacing the boots is one thing but getting them upgraded was very unexpected.

Thanks again to both Upstream as well as Frontier you have one very happy customer

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I have just returned from Upstream with a very big smile on my face. Not only did i get new boots but the boots have been upgraded free of charge!

I would like to offer a huge THANK YOU to John and Matt from Upstream as well as Dean and Mike From Frontier. Replacing the boots is one thing but getting them upgraded was very unexpected.

Thanks again to both Upstream as well as Frontier you have one very happy customer
    Well done to the retailers and distributors! That's the kind of service we need more of so you're setting a great example in the industry.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post

Yip Matt

I will phone Upstream tomorrow. Was consulting when I got a call from Matt Z who left a message saying that the boots have arrived! Awesome service is not something that one expects these days... and it's accordingly a big up to the guys for sorting this out!

Can't wait for the new boots- hope that I am getting the upgrade as well! I was happy to just get them replaced- the upgrade (should it not just be for Matt T) will restore my faith even more... nothing like a little extra freebie to get one punting the brand again...
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Great news! A big up to the boys allround!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast