Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: litter cleanup of Cape Streams

Default litter cleanup of Cape Streams

Matt Zillox has suggested a work party for the cleanup of the Area under the bridge at the confluence of EP1 and SB6. There seems to be an increase in the public activity in these areas, particularly during the warm summer months, who leave much litter and evidence of their presence.
    Please add your name to the list of volunteers who will be available for the work party.
    We can confirm the date at a later stage, depending on numbers.

1. Matt Zillox
    2. Andre B.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Matt Zillox has suggested a work party for the cleanup of the Area under the bridge at the confluence of EP1 and SB6. There seems to be an increase in the public activity in these areas, particularly during the warm summer months, who leave much litter and evidence of their presence.
    Please add your name to the list of volunteers who will be available for the work party.
    We can confirm the date at a later stage, depending on numbers.

1. Matt Zillox
    2. Andre B.
    3. Garnet Prince.

How about informing CNC of this activity and doing
    some public education at the same time.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    3. Garnet Prince.

How about informing CNC of this activity and doing
    some public education at the same time.
    Brilliant idea. I will mail a link to this thread to Deon Russouw, and get him to make a few suggestions for us.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Don't forget to book EP1 and SB6 Beats on the cleanup day.
    You know how hostile these Flyfishers can get

Good idea, I am in. Might be worth advertising it in the CPS newsletter - people fishing on the day can spend an hour or two cleaning up and then go and fish afterwards. See if CN can arrange to collect the bags on the day.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Good idea, I am in. Might be worth advertising it in the CPS newsletter - people fishing on the day can spend an hour or two cleaning up and then go and fish afterwards. See if CN can arrange to collect the bags on the day.
    By booking the beats I meant that nobody would be able to fish during the cleanup thus preventing moaning about "people disturbing MY water that I PAID to fish for the day." The cleanup crew can then cast a line after the activity is over. Just a thought. Good idea about the CPS newsletter. Invite all CPS members to attend. It is in the members best interest after all.
    (Keep a register of who pitched up. Only people on the register will be allowed to complain about the state of the rivers afterwards.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 17-01-10 at 10:36 AM.

I'm in. My wife says she will also come and help.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I am willing to help out as well
    BOSHOF! wil jy huis toe gaan? Jaa samajoor! JY KANNIE!

The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick

I am also in!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Great.
    Let's dentify a date. Might I suggest Saturday 6 Feb for starters. We can meet at EP parking at 08h00, and move out from there. If there are too many guys who work on a Sat, then we can do Sunday, by popolar demand.Let us know your preference.

Willing helpers so far are:-

Matt Z
    Andre B
    Rols and Debbie
    Virgildonatifan
    Buzzitebeer
    Daryll L
    Matt Taylor

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast