Thread: Ballito - Offshore Fly Fishing

Default Ballito - Offshore Fly Fishing

Hi Everyone

I'm going to Ballito in the first week of January and am keen to get out for some offshore fly fishing. Can anyone recommend a charter company or the likes in the area.

Many thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Byron View Post
    Hi Everyone

I'm going to Ballito in the first week of January and am keen to get out for some offshore fly fishing. Can anyone recommend a charter company or the likes in the area.

Many thanks

John
    Hi John and welcome. Maybe you should introduce yourself better.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Pops stop harassing the new members :0)

John

Arno - holygt is the man that knows that side of the world

Else there is "fishing adventures " that run out of Durban harbor that is fly friendly

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

There are not many good chrters for fly that run from Ballito - Umghlanga but mainly all the charters run from Durban harbour.

Give Richard a ring from Nikao Fishing Adventures http://www.fishingadventures.co.za/

Fair point Poppernel...and something I should have done back in May when I joined! Apologies....

I have been fishing for around 30 years and fly fishing for around 20+ years now - just not the extent I would like though.... I guess this is a problem most of us have in common! Living in Jo'burg also doesn't help.

I used to be an avid bass fisherman as well but that slowed down immensely following my very first fly fishing outing at Rugged Glen in the Drakensberg - when I became another victim of this incredible sport (or passion? or obsession?) of ours.

Freshwater and saltwater fly fishing are both great to me.

Thanks for a great forum

Cheers, John