Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My First Sandie

Default My First Sandie

Got my first sandie yesterday!!

and John got one too!

Mine was a bit lazy and just swam round me in circles, but John's gave him a serias seeing to before starting the circling process.

Good fun fishing for these guys!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Congrats - well done!!!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Nice one gents
    looks like shark bay ??

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Nice Grant!!
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Super fish Grant, what flies did they take?
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Well done guys. What fly patterns did you use? Apparently they take tan Merkins.

thats... something. To each his own they say.

Grant, come get your dirty waders... and I have your boat

nice hats.....
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Wink Sandie

Well done! Now stop being lazy and post it on the FlyTalk catch report site too! Niel
    PS Heaven knows what happened to the Promised competition for that. If they honour their commitmenmts perhaps more people will post there catches. Looks like I am the only one doing it. Yes, you to Conrad get your ... in gear and post your excellent catches.

Mine was a mud charlie and Johns also a charlie of some sort - both foul hooked but legally (Close enough to the mouth! ). The fish would swim over the bait and stop on top of it so we had no idea if they were eating them or not, so we just took up the slack and were on, but not in the mouth. You can see the fly on the lip of mine in the photo.

Denton - not sure the names of the areas up there. It was on one of the prawn banks.

Matt! Give the waders back to Rox and tell him to clean them! hehehe. Is the boat at the shop or at your place?(P.S - i have your DVD).

Neil - I think you are the only one. My Bookmark brings me straight to the forum. (I See Philip is moving all SBSes from the home page to the forum anyway so i don't think there is much attention there).

Another nice thing - had guys there checking our fishing permits. Good to see!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast