Thread: Composite Developments Rods

Default Composite Developments Rods

Hi guys, I bought myself a CD rod. Are they any good? I am new to Saltwater flying(is there such a word??) Its a 9foot 6inch 9weight Kiwi 2000. Opinions please!
    Brian

I dont know that model but CD make some fantastic rods so im sure its good

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

They tried their best to become something of abrand, but it never quite gotoff the ground.

The rods are very strong and have a very fast action, that rod should thow a tight loop and should be best suited for fishing in the surf.
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Composite Development rods are actually quite a good brand.

They have been around for at least 15 years and are a true New Zealand success story.

There used to be a mob in Port Elizabeth that had the rights for South Africa, but I think something might have happened to distribution with them - don't know the history.

Composite, affectionately known as Compost Rods make some great sticks. They are fast action and I have fished a few of my mates sticks whilst in NZ on the yellowtail.

They are bloody tough.....that I can tell you.
    We were at a fishing lodge and one of the blokes was buggering around with the rod inside and put his stick into the ceiling fan. Needless to say it was a calamity, but in this instance only the guides were ripped off. I'm not kidding!
    He managed to get a half arsed job repair so he could fish it and it worked fine for the week.

Look after it and I'm sure it'll perform well!

Thanx for the replies. For once, it looks like I didnt buy crap!!! Anyway , the amount of flyfishing I do , it will probably be for sale again , soon!!!!

*first dibs
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

I cast one of these rods yesterday and was seriously impressed.
    If anyone is selling, I'm buying!

Quote Originally Posted by odie View Post
    I cast one of these rods yesterday and was seriously impressed.
    If anyone is selling, I'm buying!
    Hi Odie, where did you try this rod, im in PE

Speak to either Chad or Lando at Allcocks fishing in PE, AFAIK either the sons or their dad built some of these rods for Anthony Kruger, so you should be able to source one in your area.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.