Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ANYONE HAVE AN *ACTUAL* REEL PHOTO of the ECLIPSE II #001-click?

I have only seen the picture from the website, and it looks exactly like the Sage 3000 series, that was replaced by the Click Series. It could be that Sage relinquished the royalties due to them discontinuing it, and the Korean company that made them for Sage, is now making them for the open OEM market...just guessing, don't know for sure, until I can touch and feel one.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

whats with you gals and your light weight reels? can't you carry 120 grams on the river? does it make your wittle arm sore for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by FishZ View Post
    whats with you gals and your light weight reels? can't you carry 120 grams on the river? does it make your wittle arm sore for the day?
    Matt this is SA...

We carry light kit so we can make a quick get-away after mugging tourists
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

brilliant.........
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Is that why you have this issue with a 10lbs trout Matt??? Alll about extra weight it seems The heavier the better hey
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Not a xplorer fan at all...but then again I am not a sub 5wt sort of man either...I believe your estrogen levels rise more and more the further down in wt you go untill you reach #000 then you officially have no more manly bits left...hahahahaha anyway...got this 3wt rod and decided to start off with something sort of descent but not too bank busting as I dont even know if I will like this three weight story....suggested retail on the little 001# click is around R1500, paid R881 through my connections and I am quite surprized...84g and 6061 bar stock for sub 1k in todays market? I am not a front runner in the Explorer and Stealth department but this little reel is pretty impressive for a 3wt line holder...
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

And please dont take the humor seriously lol as it seems if a post does not stir the emotions no one replies
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysmit View Post
    Not a xplorer fan at all...but then again I am not a sub 5wt sort of man either...I believe your estrogen levels rise more and more the further down in wt you go untill you reach #000 then you officially have no more manly bits left...hahahahaha anyway...got this 3wt rod and decided to start off with something sort of descent but not too bank busting as I dont even know if I will like this three weight story....suggested retail on the little 001# click is around R1500, paid R881 through my connections and I am quite surprized...84g and 6061 bar stock for sub 1k in todays market? I am not a front runner in the Explorer and Stealth department but this little reel is pretty impressive for a 3wt line holder...
    And please dont take the humor seriously lol as it seems if a post does not stir the emotions no one replies
    What was the question?

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Nothing wrong with Explorer reels. They are the same as any other branded reel from China or Korea etc.
    Last edited by Andre; 24-03-16 at 10:32 AM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Just came accross the thread and managed to get a little explorer click for the 3wt cabelas stowaway to try see if I am at all missing out on this stream fishing thing. Didnt want to break the vank on the reel and for the money I am pleasantly surprised with it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast