Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pomene, Mozambique

Has anybody been fishing at Pomene in the last 2 years, I see the posts on this threat is relatively old? We'll be going there in July. Not the best fishing time I think. We've been there 2 years ago, weather was bad except for 2 days. Had some success on surf candy flies when the tide was pushing. Any other ideas?

I was there for about 8 days at the end of January this year. Just after the floods. On our way home, we had to spend an extra couple of days at Xai-Xai, since the bridge over the Limpopo was closed due to the flooding.

During our time at Pomene, it was very windy, so I never really had a proper opportunity to safely cast a fly. Not even on the lagoon. We spent most of our time fishing from the boat. We had some success fishing for couta near the point at the old hotel, but due to the weather, we were not really able to go much past the point. The swells were HUGE. On most of the afternoons we had to return to camp, where we had more success on the 2M's and R&R's

On the better days we had lots of fun on light tackle on Zambia reef. Nothing big though. I lost 2 very strong fish that I just could not stop with the light reel. As soon as we switched to the heavier equipment, they went off the bite...

One thing I noticed during the whole time there, was the number of jellyfish. I have never seen so many! They were absolutely everywhere, in dense numbers. On the shore you really could not enter the water without dodging jellyfish. I don't know what effect this might have had on the fishing? Would be interesting to know.

Probably not the best fishing we ever had, but the location made up for it. I will be back.

Sound pretty much like the trip we had there 2 years ago. The wind was howling for most of the time, and when the wind wasn't blowing, it was raining. And it was cold! Took 2 kayaks along and only used one of them once. Had one fantastic day-the last day. Hoping for some better weather this time around . But what a great place!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2