Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: big fish on light tackle

Default big fish on light tackle

For all those who think it "unethical" to catch large fish with ultra light tackle...this is for you.
    http://www.byrdultrafly.com/ulmyths.htm
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Stirring ... much ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Interesting.... I've always wondered about that. Thanks Andre
    BOSHOF! wil jy huis toe gaan? Jaa samajoor! JY KANNIE!

The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Stirring ... much ?
    Me??...never.....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Stirring ... much ?
    I think he may have just had his first glass of red

I have never done this light weight fishing but all i can say is that i assume you must be a learned fisherman......it seems that panicking when its fish on is not the answer.....what i mean is that when i get a fish on all hell still breaks loose even after 3 years....i suppose this would be the end of my Sage 000000.It seems to me you need a cool head to maintain control of the fish and keep your rod in 1 piece
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I think he may have just had his first glass of red

I have never done this light weight fishing but all i can say is that i assume you must be a learned fisherman......it seems that panicking when its fish on is not the answer.....what i mean is that when i get a fish on all hell still breaks loose even after 3 years....i suppose this would be the end of my Sage 000000.It seems to me you need a cool head to maintain control of the fish and keep your rod in 1 piece
    Thats where you're wrong nick. The trick is to not panic, and let the rod do the work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Thats where you're wrong nick. The trick is to not panic, and let the rod do the work.
    Thats where i am right Mr Andre..........thats exactly what i said and why i think you need to be a learned fly fisherman........its not for the weekend brigade like myself....
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    rod do the work.
    Did u read the whole article?
    Gerrit Viljoen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Did u read the whole article?
    Did the guy not say you should maintain contact with the fish and just wait till he is tired......
    James Boswell.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Did the guy not say you should maintain contact with the fish and just wait till he is tired......
    My eyes wondered to the reel,line,etc part and not sooo much the rod.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast