Thread: Thrift Dam

Default Thrift Dam

Hi All,

I heard some disturbing news the other day regarding "Thrift Dam". I heard that one of the "Farmers Sons" who's property borders the "Thrift Dam" has built a jetty & has his Bass Boat in the Dam. I also heard that he & his mates are catch Trout with "Plugs, Spoons & Lures".

IT WOULD REALLY BE A PITY IF THIS IS TRUE.

later
    Francois

Well if you went to past threads on this area you would have seen the posts pertaining to this. They have a ''hunters hut'' not far from the waters edge, as posted some time back, ff thought the colouration of the water was a ''algae bloom'', what a loud of crap, that was/is due to ''a' holes'' with heavy motorised engines ploughing through presiouse weedbeds( yes!! the fodder area of any stillwater)

Needless to say, WAS A GREAT TROUT VENUE.

One would think that after all the effort of making C.A.R. so important, we still have ''idiots'' that think the ''RAND IS MIGHTIER'' than the year or twenty so years to come.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Thumbs up Thrift dam

I have just have spoken to Martin Davis who manages Thrift and there is no jetty and there is no Bass boat moored on that lake.Once a boat was used there recently in ignorance but that man has been spoken to and will not happen again .In the last month there has been 10 fish caught over 10lb and a few weeks ago a man and 10 yo son caught 139 fish over 3 days. I am not sure how rumers like this start but powered boats are not allowed and Martin assures me that coorrective has been taken with the incident that did happen some time ago.
    Richard Wharton.

Default Thrift dam

Thx Guys,

As I said before I was not sure about the info, but thx for the info. I have fished "Thrift" often & the fishing has always been tough but rewarding.

It would really be a pity if the 'Thrift" went to the dogs.

Thx again,

Francois
    AMFFF

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARDWILLIAM View Post
    I have just have spoken to Martin Davis who manages Thrift and there is no jetty and there is no Bass boat moored on that lake.Once a boat was used there recently in ignorance but that man has been spoken to and will not happen again .In the last month there has been 10 fish caught over 10lb and a few weeks ago a man and 10 yo son caught 139 fish over 3 days. I am not sure how rumers like this start but powered boats are not allowed and Martin assures me that coorrective has been taken with the incident that did happen some time ago.
    Richard Wharton.
    Good news here Richard, have not ff here for a couple of months due to summer conditions and the drought. This is truly a water that any ff on this forum should really at some time visit to catch a dream wild stillwater trout. Strong fighting fish that snap 15+ lb line like cotton. Don't beleive me!! come look see.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.