Thread: Shuttlecock question

Default Shuttlecock question

HI guys. This was the first time I have tied Shuttlecock's. My question is how and when will you typically use them? I see most patterns are a size 14. This is a size 22. To small? What sizes is typical?

Thanks
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Nice tie.
    Sizes........... to match the natural Chironomid, over here that's #8-16 on stillwaters, down to #16-22 on rivers.
    When to fish them......... when the fish are taking the emerging Chironomids, usually causing a bulge in the water or their backs breaking the surface.
    A pattern that is easy to tie and deadly............ love them.
    Last edited by Tango; 17-06-08 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Tango. Must say they are nice to tie and they look great when I get all the proportions correct.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly