View Poll Results: want to join a working group to clean up local, unknown rivers and streams?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes. Where and how?

8 100.00%
  • no. I dont care about local fisheries.

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: smallscale and largescale venues and stories

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    yes it does. They're big there hey...
    The apies in the zoo, or the fish in the river that runs through the zoo?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    The apies in the zoo, or the fish in the river that runs through the zoo?
    both

Seriously though there are some decent yellows in the Apies between the zoo and vasfontein bass estate's section, but it's got to be the siffest water in gauteng behind only the "yuk-skei". Waste from the city centre, the outdated municipal sewage works, rooiwal township, rooiwal power station, fertiliser and pesticide run-off from the farms etc.

Sad really.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    both

Seriously though there are some decent yellows in the Apies between the zoo and vasfontein bass estate's section, but it's got to be the siffest water in gauteng behind only the "yuk-skei". Waste from the city centre, the outdated municipal sewage works, rooiwal township, rooiwal power station, fertiliser and pesticide run-off from the farms etc.

Sad really.
    When last did you fish the Klip in Meyerton?

You might just be able to add a foetus to your specie list.

All the talk last year of "Millions" being spent to clean up the Klip, was just that , Talk.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Default is Shadow alive?

hi Shadow.
    so how was the killing spree on the Apies? Your legs back to normal colour yet?
    Looking forward to our Brstroom trip while the other poor sods are standing in voting qeues. I'll be doing my part for society from a different "upstream and across" angle.
    Size does matter! Smallstreams fill up big hearts!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverShadows View Post
    hi Shadow.
    so how was the killing spree on the Apies? Your legs back to normal colour yet?
    Looking forward to our Brstroom trip while the other poor sods are standing in voting qeues. I'll be doing my part for society from a different "upstream and across" angle.
    Go vote! Every single one helps. Who knows, it may just be your one extra vote that swings it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Go vote! Every single one helps. Who knows, it may just be your one extra vote that swings it.
    I've got to agree with Mike.

If you don't vote, don't EVER b!tch or complain about the roads, power shedding, broken street & traffic lights, refuse piling up, sewerage spills, high rates & taxes, etc, etc, etc.

You have a chance to have your say with a cross on a piece of paper. USE it.

It's attitudes of "What difference would my vote make" that has got most of the Local Municipal/Metro areas inton the cr@p that they are in.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Which brstroom? The one in th photo?

Default vote for clean streets!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I've got to agree with Mike.

If you don't vote, don't EVER b!tch or complain about the roads, power shedding, broken street & traffic lights, refuse piling up, sewerage spills, high rates & taxes, etc, etc, etc.

You have a chance to have your say with a cross on a piece of paper. USE it.

It's attitudes of "What difference would my vote make" that has got most of the Local Municipal/Metro areas inton the cr@p that they are in.
    i hope your vote made the difference! mine did the effort but came up short unfortunately.
    Size does matter! Smallstreams fill up big hearts!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverShadows View Post
    i hope your vote made the difference! mine did the effort but came up short unfortunately.
    So you did not win, but you made your choice which will better the chances in your area as time is now critical to get things on track.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Uncle Dave,

I have my first SM Yellow trip lined up for Sunday!!

I will post some pics on Monday
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast