Quote Originally Posted by FishZ View Post
It does come down to thi stuff, and all of the above are great observations. One way to make corporates feel the enviro impact is to actually factor environmental costs into their costs and require them to pay for the cleanup, but this cost is never factored.

we are essential borrowing from earth with no intention of ever repaying. this is a horrible habit. sure it has allowed mass farming, conveyor belts, and huge factories capable of producing tons of unnecessary thing in a day, but who needs all that shit anyway? all it has done is increased the population and wear and tear on earth. why is growth and increase the goal? what good does it truely do? if you are able to stay warm, fed, medicated and also have some time for fun, what more does a human need? seriously, what more do we frickin need? work is good, its healthy, it prevents laziness. work for what you need.

If we are as superior as we feel like as humans, then we need to face the facts. we are not so enlightened as to realize growth is not sustainable by its very nature. growth is not a viable goal, its parasitic. there must be a balance somewhere and we are tilted far to one side.
This reminds me of an old Billy Connely skit about the global population crisis...

"You eat someone I dont like, and I'll eat someone you dont like.. that way we halve the worlds population overnight.
Then we can eat the homeless, and once we are done we can eat the prisoners... then we can say oh shit! we should have put the homeless in the prisons"

Maybe not the solution but hey its a good start