Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: its largie time...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    These baitfish patterns look flipping great Whos going to show me how to tie up a few of these buggers? Or is anyone going to put up a nice lil sbs?

Ryan that red/orange pattern looks great mate, thats worth a sbs, what ya think?

G
    Shot mate.. I'll see what I can do.. Need to organise a decent camera setup.. I'm keen to pull into one of these fly sessions the guys have there in the fourways area I think... Always the best place to learn and get ideas..
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

These baitfish patterns look flipping great Whos going to show me how to tie up a few of these buggers? Or is anyone going to put up a nice lil sbs?

Ryan that red/orange pattern looks great mate, thats worth a sbs, what ya think?

G
    Which one exactly? There's a few with a bit of red/orange...

Quote Originally Posted by Pipe View Post
    What venues do you guys reckon I could try for Largies, have never tried for them, but would like to! Even better would be if I can join somebody on a trip!
    Elgro in Potch is a pretty decent venue... especially if you do the drift..

Gaza Banned User

Default Fly Largies

Love the flies.
    Also love to experiment with patterns and new styles and materials.
    But I catch more Largies on a Black or Olive Wooly Bugger than any other fly... go figure..
    As for venues , there is no real secret spots that are better. Fish any place below the Barrage down to Kimberley and beyond. They are everywhere , probably in better numbers than we give them credit for. Be that as it may , they should be targeted with the proper gear , to ensure a successful catch and release.
    When searching for them , think like a predator. Where will he go to search for food. What food could he be eating in the area you are searching.
    Any when you think you got all that figured , plonk a Wooly Bugger on the spot where you think he may be.....with enough time spent casting , you will eventually find him.
    There are huge Largies above the Barrage , in the river , but it is very hard to find their likely lies , as that is deep and big water. It takes a lot of skill and some luck to find a fish to cast to.
    Easier to stick to stream type waters , and work the various structures.
    Love Largies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Shot mate.. I'll see what I can do.. Need to organise a decent camera setup.. I'm keen to pull into one of these fly sessions the guys have there in the fourways area I think... Always the best place to learn and get ideas..
    Yeah, for sure.. hopefully Chris has a lil get-to-gether soon.. I need to get some tips for LM season.. firephish and I are thinking of doing the drift at Elgro now within the next few weeks.. Its going to be awesome.

This one

Which one exactly? There's a few with a bit of red/orange...

Yeah, for sure.. hopefully Chris has a lil get-to-gether soon.. I need to get some tips for LM season.. firephish and I are thinking of doing the drift at Elgro now within the next few weeks.. Its going to be awesome.
    Spoke to Gerdus at Elgro the other day.. He says in the next week to two weeks, the clarity will be good for fishing.. I'm also planning on heading out there!

The clarity is already at 40cm.

Dude, pm when you want to take the trip, maybe we can organise a lil group to do it together.. I have nill experience with a drift, so ya.. lemme know

Spoke to Gerdus at Elgro the other day.. He says in the next week to two weeks, the clarity will be good for fishing.. I'm also planning on heading out there!

Hi. what will you be targeting? smallmuoth or largies?

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast