Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread: its largie time...

Quote Originally Posted by Andre s View Post
    I am a bit concerned that when the water that was released from the Vaal dam (54cms) filters through the Barrage the viz that was getting better is going to be totally stuffed again, will have to wait and see what happens.
    Does anyone know what the viz is like in the Parys area in about the last two days, if they had to increase the release at the barrage, i am assuming the water that was released from the dam has filterd through? i am assuming the viz of the river is a mess now? anyone with an idea what it looks like presently?

30cm - 40cm.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    30cm - 40cm.
    mmmmmmm, interesting, dankie vir dit............ 30-40 with or without your Polaroid’s on?

Just remember fish aren't subject to requiring polaroids as they are IN the water. Something else to remember is that where we are outside the water staring into a darker background they are in the water staring up to a bright background.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    and when Ryan refers to anchor, he means two x Staysoft bottles stuffed with sand and rocks lashed together using round lashing and a clove hitch to end it all off...
    Haha... Shammers... That anchor worked for me! got a nice 3.5kg largie..
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

We are going to do the Elgro drift this weekend hoping to get a few winter LMYs this time round, my last trip I took a SMY and a Carp both around the 3kg mark and both on a black bugger.
    Saturday we will try the full drip from the bridge to Elgro and Sunday we'll do the half day downstream drift.Hopefully some good action if the weather stays as it is currently predicted, currently 5 people in our party and Kobus allows 7 Arks out so shout if you want to fish with us.
    Been tying flies all week but after going through the whole thread page 1 to page 51 I am going to do a few bait fish to supplement the MSPs, Go To's and leggy woolie buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simpkins View Post
    We are going to do the Elgro drift this weekend hoping to get a few winter LMYs this time round, my last trip I took a SMY and a Carp both around the 3kg mark and both on a black bugger.
    Saturday we will try the full drip from the bridge to Elgro and Sunday we'll do the half day downstream drift.Hopefully some good action if the weather stays as it is currently predicted, currently 5 people in our party and Kobus allows 7 Arks out so shout if you want to fish with us.
    Been tying flies all week but after going through the whole thread page 1 to page 51 I am going to do a few bait fish to supplement the MSPs, Go To's and leggy woolie buggers.
    Hey Rich,
    Just chips, the water is low so rocks might krap the bottom of the boats
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simpkins View Post
    51 pages... well played!! But now you have no excuse not to catch... Good luck and enjoy!!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Hey Rich,
    Just chips, the water is low so rocks might krap the bottom of the boats
    Thanks Stones, running at +- 11 so we will have to stoot n bikkie but the boats are the Arks from Elgro so we should be alright

Looking forward to posting a few nice scenery pictures, maybe with some grinning fish in the foreground.

I think it will be pushing 20cms, which is great for you guys apposed to a week ago. The barrage increased the outflow to 20cms on Sat/Sun 24th. Eventhough the "smaller" increases take longer, I reckon 6 days is more than enough. Let us know what the viz is like. Good luck and enjoy. Good to get some decent excercise for the weekend too

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast