Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread: its largie time...

WTF? I quickly browsed the last few pages of this thread after MONTHS of absence from the site and I see no reported action????

Everybody stuck between work and kids like me :-( ???

Well, if all else fails at least there is the Orange trip planned for October '12 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    WTF? I quickly browsed the last few pages of this thread after MONTHS of absence from the site and I see no reported action????

Everybody stuck between work and kids like me :-( ???

Well, if all else fails at least there is the Orange trip planned for October '12 ;-)
    There are no more Largemouth yellow fish left in the Vaal, only largemouth fisherman and the Orange has run dry

Largies have been a little shy this winter. Unless someone can prove me wrong?
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

After this weekends bad fishing and the poor reports from this winter I think it will be best if this thread is now renamed ' its NOT largie time...'

Listen to a troot!!! guy. Go big!!! go low!!!(sinking DI7) Use a fly that pushes water from deap up to the surface fast. (problem solved)Do you want this in writing.????
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Just a little something for the LM Yellow guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soX65...ature=youtu.be
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Lovely fish, Maybe the guy should get a bigger net.

I dont think that the fly fishers realize what a fantastic fishery the Vaal is.
    A super river, that offers so much.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi Korrie,

He measured the fish at 16 lbs, I asked him why he doesn't use a bigger net, he said it is a problem dragging it along when he is wading.

This particular LM was not caught in the Vaal but in the Gariep River.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Vaal and Gariep, both stunning rivers.
    He should get a net with a bigger opening, that is all. Same overall lenght as the current net. works like a charm.
    Have a look at the carp nets, just cut the handle shorter.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Hi Korrie,

He measured the fish at 16 lbs, I asked him why he doesn't use a bigger net, he said it is a problem dragging it along when he is wading.

This particular LM was not caught in the Vaal but in the Gariep River.
    LEKKER FISH Freddy!!! You need some.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast