Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Road trip recomemded stops

Default Road trip recomemded stops

Hi ther to you lads and ladies.

I am curently finalizing a work trip that will take me from Pta around the country side and back.

The broad outline fo where i will be driving is
    N14 past Upington to Springbok
    N7 down the coast to Cape Town
    N 2 to Richardsbay and N2/N17 back to Pta
    N4 to Nelspruit
    Back roads to Giyani via Hazyview and Phalaborwa
    R81 to polokwane back to Pta and then on to the last stretch that will be Kimberly, Bloemfontein, Bethlehem and then it is over

I am just waiting for the big bosses to give the approval and then i am off Hopefully I will get to do most of it myself with some assistance in a few of the places. If i do have to share the trip then i think i will take the strecth from Pta to Upington and Springbok, down to Western and Eastern Cape and up to KZN before heading home.

So who would like to recomoed where i should try to stop over on this trip of our Sunny (if cold) South Africa.

What are your takes on this????
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Depends what you want?

Comfort or budget, near the highways or off the beaten track, fishing or not, semi-tourist or just work, which towns will you be staying over, etc, etc

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jean.struweg@gmail.com View Post
    Depends what you want?

Comfort or budget, near the highways or off the beaten track, fishing or not, semi-tourist or just work, which towns will you be staying over, etc, etc

Cheers
    All of the above. I have no problem ruffing it and as for the target species, fish will be fine.

Unfortunately it will all be bank fishing as i can not take the boat with ont he work cars roof, speaking of the work car, i guess it will have to be on fair roads.

Although this is a work trip, the travel time will consist of drive, stop, fish, drive, stop, fish arrive, work, drive stop fish drive stop snooze fish etc.

When will you trip be?
    Can influence, what will be recommended.

If you are in the Cape, give me a call. We can go and cast a line, with a fly attached to it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    When will you trip be?
    Can influence, what will be recommended.

If you are in the Cape, give me a call. We can go and cast a line, with a fly attached to it.
    Hi Korrie.

I am waiting for the approval from the oval office. It should be within the next six weeks but that remains to be seen.

I will definately contact you when i get to the Cape. Looking forward to casting a line.

Hi Wade, just to correct you on one thing, ther N7 from Springbok to cape Townn, is not down the coast, but quite significantly inland. There is no fishing on this route, until you get to Clanwilliam, where you might want to chuck a line into Clannies dam, or somewhere on the Olifants River.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Hi Wade, just to correct you on one thing, ther N7 from Springbok to cape Townn, is not down the coast, but quite significantly inland. There is no fishing on this route, until you get to Clanwilliam, where you might want to chuck a line into Clannies dam, or somewhere on the Olifants River.
    Sorry Andre, you are right. POn my map it looks closer that it is. You hit the nail on the head. I am keen to stop at Clanwilliam if I get the chance.

As for the rest of the trip, i am not bothered what type of fish as long as i get to wave a rod around like a luny

Let me know when you are in the Bloem/Kimberley area and I might be able to join you on the Orange.

When you get to the "Gay capital" give me a call, and we do some rod waving then..... and we can also go fishing too, when we tired of rod waving..... tee hee.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Remember to "pack" the bananas....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast