Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10 day fly fishing odyssey in Exmouth, WA

Awesome report on a great trip, Jono!
    When I see you've posted a report, I make myself some coffee and start reading it ever so slowly......terrified of reaching the end!

Well done.

That's quite funny ... I do the same thing with invoices and bills...
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Brilliant report, thanks for sharing Jono.

NForgot to mention: Nice reel. Brand?
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Howzit okes, glad you guys like the report and pics, it was great spending time with mates again.

Rendier that reel is a new Orvis Mirage coupled with a 10wt Orvis Helios rod. A sweet setup that I lent Jeremy ... but that rod is now bust thanks to a little incident with the car door yesterday.

Graham, I've been in Exmouth for a year now and don't have any plans on leaving anytime soon ... I have nowhere to be or anyone to answer to so I may as well remain in fly fishing heaven for now with my 4x4 and boat. My outboard has just logged up it's 900th hour in 12 months - yep I'm having fun alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Rendier that reel is a new Orvis Mirage coupled with a 10wt Orvis Helios rod. A sweet setup that I lent Jeremy ... but that rod is now bust thanks to a little incident with the car door yesterday.
    Sweet. How does it compare to the Mako?
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Lovely report as always, Jono, thanks mate!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Now thats some salt work i could get into!!!

Rendier, both reels have their place and both are excelent tools for the job.

As far as precision machining, build, finish and drag system, nothing will beat the Makos. But comparing these two reels isn't really fair because they are similar in ways, but oh so different others.

Let's just say that it's like comparing a Tag Huer to a Rolex. They both do the same thing, but I think we all know which one reigns supreme.

Yeah I'm biased

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    Rendier, both reels have their place and both are excelent tools for the job.

As far as precision machining, build, finish and drag system, nothing will beat the Makos. But comparing these two reels isn't really fair because they are similar in ways, but oh so different others.

Let's just say that it's like comparing a Tag Huer to a Rolex. They both do the same thing, but I think we all know which one reigns supreme.

Yeah I'm biased
    Guess I'll need on of each then
    Rudolph
    Confucius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2