View Poll Results: Will you be attending?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Most Definitely!

1 6.25%
  • Maybe

7 43.75%
  • No

8 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10th Anniversary Bell's Festival

Thumbs up Good News!

Good news for latecomers: One of the participants had to cancel due to unforseen work circumstances, leaving a luxury 2-bed tent open at the Renosterpos bush camp.

Contact Odirile at 053 441 2244 to grab this one!
    Save our Yellows!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBass View Post
    Good news for latecomers: One of the participants had to cancel due to unforseen work circumstances, leaving a luxury 2-bed tent open at the Renosterpos bush camp.

Contact Odirile at 053 441 2244 to grab this one!
    Sorry, booked again this morning!
    Event now fully booked.
    Save our Yellows!

Rigged and ready for an awesome event.Hope the sluices at bloemhof are closed friday night then i can fish thursday morningCant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Hope the sluices at bloemhof are closed friday night then i can fish thursday morningCant wait.
    How does that work??
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Rigged and ready for an awesome event.Hope the sluices at bloemhof are closed friday night then i can fish thursday morningCant wait.
    All arranged John. Kobus had the sluice gates open at 45cumec since Saturday to ensure enough water for the Vaalharts scheme. Spoke to him this morning and he said he will close at 6pm on Wednesday, so we'll have 12-15cumec flows by Thursday lunch, lasting 'till Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    How does that work??
    We have an arrangement with DWAF to control the flows downstream from Bloemhof dam for the Bell's event every year. AFAIK it is the only Bell's event where DWAF is assisiting to provide fishable flows. Just need to make friends with the right people...
    Save our Yellows!

Thumbs up

Christo fished there last weekend and again the high flows yesterday and his report-back is very positive - very little rock snot compared to previous seasons, water temps good and visibility up to 50cm.
    We should have a good one!
    Save our Yellows!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2