Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: World Fly Fishing Champs 2008 - New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Gumtree advert:

Well hung, hairy beefcake looking for an olive skinned, well built Italian crossdresser for some TLC and wolfbagging fun. Call 0825707524.

splutter <wiping coffee of pc screen>

Korrie

I accept your comment was tongue in cheek, a different smiley would have been good. Let's now put our effort behind the Commonwealth team.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh View Post
    Korrie

I accept your comment was tongue in cheek, a different smiley would have been good. Let's now put our effort behind the Commonwealth team.
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for your reply, and the smiley was for the disapointment at our team not doing as well as all of us have hoped/thought they would have done.

Korrie
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi
    Have some results from the worlds.
    The team world champs are the Czechs.
    NZ second
    France third

Individual world champ Czech Martin Droz.
    Silver medal, A frenchman.
    Bronze Tomas Starychfojtu.

Don't know what our boys did.
    Last edited by Korrie; 28-03-08 at 12:22 PM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Hi Korrie, thanks for the info, I see 'Story' (Karel's and Jiri's protege) in the medals yet again!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Hi Korrie, thanks for the info, I see 'Story' (Karel's and Jiri's protege) in the medals yet again!
    Chris,
    Yes, another 3 medals to the Czechs, (2 individual and 1 team)
    I had the other Jiri (competitive fly fisher) living with me for the last 2,5 months. It gave me some more insight into how serious and hardcore they approach their fishing.
    In the Czech rep, they also have a chat room as per Flytalk.
    Everyday he translated to me some of the fishing chat. This win in NZ was huge for them. The general drift is that they have won in Europe, it is like their back yard. NZ was the true test for them, they knew very little about NZ, flies, type of water, etc. Only one guy speaks a little english.
    For them this was the true test of their ability.
    Next time I'm in JHB or you are down in CT we can go for a beer and chat about it.
    Korrie Broos

I must say well done to all the guys, they are certainly up against some SERIOUS guys. Knowing some of these guys that left for the champs and how well they fish back home, i't must be a real honer wathing these Czech's fish. I am really looking forward to Philip Meyer's result,

GO PHILIP !!!!!!!!

Yeah thanks, it's been really interesting, and as you say, the Czechs really do live on another planet in terms of the competitive scene. I am genuinely pleased for the Czechs as they really give it heart and soul.

I'm heading off tomorrow ayem (if storms tonight permitt river fishing tomorrow early) to 'Place X' we enjoyed a chat at last time you and your cuzzie were with us!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post

We also can't expect in all seriousness for Grant to put the team's tactics on an open website! That is a pretty naive call, with all due respect. It's bad enough when certain team members in some comps back home here don't even share their flies/tactics with some of their own team members!
    Those responsible for "not sharing" should not be included in the team in future, no matter how good they are. Its called a team not a "bunch-of-fishermen-with-their-own-agenda".

As for Korrie, you should apologise!
    Regards
    Craig

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6