Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Name the Salty Venue

I would be keen, just hope we dont haul the boat up there do blank again, its twice as far as Mosselbay.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

I dont remember a blank !!!!
    I remember a santer and a few elf

Not that great for a 1000ks worth of dragging the boat but an addicts gotta do what an addicts gotta do

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    I dont remember a blank !!!!
    I remember a santer and a few elf

Not that great for a 1000ks worth of dragging the boat but an addicts gotta do what an addicts gotta do

/d
    Ja but we blanked at what we targeted Now draging the boat to PE is 2000KM
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Eeehm, I know MCC got the spot right, but it has been a while and ehmm, I have been burning to post a few... so if there is not too much complaints can I blow some life into this thread with the attached spot on a not exactly straight river...
    It isn't essential to my enjoyment of fishing that I catch fish, only that I know there are fish in the water.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and there is no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

krom ?????????

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    krom ?????????
    Very Sharp.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by arnoc View Post
    Eeehm, I know MCC got the spot right, but it has been a while and ehmm, I have been burning to post a few... so if there is not too much complaints can I blow some life into this thread with the attached spot on a not exactly straight river...
    Oh My Sack, I went to that very spot every Christmas, Easter and September holiday... every single one, from when I was 4 till 16...

I can see the Pot's house, the Wardens and the Barkley's (that's where we were).

I know exactly where this foto was taken, can't remember who's house this was, but I can remember some super hot chick that was there one Xmas while I was about 12...

Just off to left of shot, there was a small cove we called cob corner, theres a sand bar tat comes right out off the other side of the corner. The fresh water is about 4km's up stream...

Feck now I've gone on about that, I am probably just seeing what I want to see...

Krom River, it has to be...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Yes Damage, your the first to get it right and you'r up.

MaXiMuM, I have met most of those people that you talk about. The photo is taken from the boat house deck of the Finnemore's. I have known them for many years and one of my best buds ended up marrying their one daughter.
    I have spent many a holiday at that house and know the river like the back of my hand. To the left is Cob corner and the river feeding into it is called Geelhout. The little stone jetty is where I hold my personal best for one day... 13 leeries, 6 elf and 3 cob!! most on drop-shot, but I did end up dusting off my 10 weight (did not have anything lighter with me at the time) and caught 4 of the leeries towards close of play for the day!!! It was my girlfriend's (now wife) first attempt at dropshotting and she promptly caught her first leerie first cast plus another 5 of his buddies... it was just one of those days.
    When the westerlies blow the drifting for grunter off the back of the island is to die for! Inside the boat house, the bigger fish caught has been outlined in charcoal on the whitewashed walls since the early sixties. Next to the door there is an outline of a 106 pound cob caught of that same stone jetty... I have stories about that place to last the rest of the day, but it is just making me very, very homesick at the moment.........
    Attached is a pic of my better half battling her first leerie on the stone jetty and the other pic shows the island in the middle... sigh
    It isn't essential to my enjoyment of fishing that I catch fish, only that I know there are fish in the water.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and there is no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

its easy so you must be very specific !

/d

Between Hangklip and Gordons Bay?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast