Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leliekloof - Pictoral

Which of the two dams did you fish?

Clarity was not a word I'd use when describing the one dam given all the carp in there... Is this still the case?
    Check your knots!

This is the first dam.The carp are in the dam that is past the farm.Yes,the carp are still rife there but the owner is looking at cleaning the dam out during summer and starting over

Same story as heard he rattled off last year April. Doubt it.

Nice fish though, you should give highland lodge near dordrecht a go if you're keen on chasing some trout again. It's about an extra hour's drive roughly but the fishing has recovered nicely after the drought a few seasons back.

4. Default

Happy to report that Kloof Dam is back to health and stocked with trout. No more carp - dam full, clear and looking great. For now it will be stocked fish (stocked as fry) of around 20-30cm that will be caught, but in 2 years I have no doubt that it will be firing again!!

Fished Aquarium for a few hours on Sunday. Some good fish are still around. I lost 2 good fish of which one was really strong (big). Just ran me into the submerged fence on the left, had no way of stopping and turning it

A few pics ...

1.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Nice to know Dries has finally done something about the carp infestation after what must be close to 5 years.

Lekker fish Mario, that male is a beaut!
    Check your knots!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Nice to know Dries has finally done something about the carp infestation after what must be close to 5 years.
    It was quite a mission with the drainage etc. as I understand it. Then apparently he poisoned the water when it was half-full (listened with one ear) then left it to settle yada-yada-yada. But ja, hopefully in 2 seasons it will be what it was before the carp incident.

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Lekker fish Mario, that male is a beaut!
    Thanks Jocko, gave me one helluva fight!! At one stage (before seeing it) I was sure I had hooked into a monster. Was quite surprised when I saw him the 1st time and he was much smaller than the fight indicated. Very happy with him still - pure muscle fish that!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mooi man lekker vis!
    Gerrit Viljoen

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    Mooi man lekker vis!
    Thanks Gerrit - hoop om die 26ste of 27ste die saak tussen my en die "draadvis" te gaan regstel!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Dalk moet jy dirty tactics begin gebruik? (Streamer ini aand net voor donker op 15lb)
    Gerrit Viljoen

10. Default

Het juis gister weer 'n artikel gelees oor night-fishing in lakes (link gevolg uit die Tailing thread wat Darryl gepost het). Saam met paar lumo/uv flies dink ek sal mens dalk ietsie kan maak!!! Downside is, nogal geniepsig koud in die aande nou Dalk vra of ons 'n vuurtjie langs die dam kan maak, na elke 5 casts gaan ontvries.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12