Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Estuaries in South Africa - South Coast

No worries Deewy, felt bad for changing your thread into the tips and tricks direction instead if conservation as it was originally intended?

Rory – if you think I know little about estuary fishing, then you will get a fright when you realize how uninformed I am with even the most basic FF surf fishing, my previous time I tried I had a “papgoeier” guy that was then only in standard 9 advise me to cast along the length of the waves not at it…. So feel free to let the info (spice) flow….
    No one does it smaller then me!

i need to get back down to durbs soon. pay my respects to some waters down there. i threatened to fish durban harbour with Matt when i was down there in Dec, but just ran out of time. pity
    the patient mental...

Am going down to the Fish River Sun will let you all know on monday how the fishing went. An tips on flys befor i go?
    Eat or be eaten!

Quote Originally Posted by garethj View Post
    Am going down to the Fish River Sun will let you all know on monday how the fishing went. An tips on flys befor i go?
    nice! may the fish be with you

i don't know what species are in there so tips on flies might be a little difficult. perhaps some of the other lads know. but generally, take a few clousers, deceivers, flippers, crease flies as well as some crab and shrimp imitations (i think - well, that's what i'd take)
    the patient mental...

I will make an effort to get down the South Coast shortly & hopefully report back with some decent news on the estuaries. I do however feel that estuary fishing is far better during the summer months than in the colder winter months, not that it gets too cold here on the coast.

Default Open /Closed lagoons

This Topic has raged on on the south coast for Ever
    what the parks board has decided is that no one can change the state of a river mouth i.e opening a closed one or closing an open one
    This has come about from the days when the windsurfers used to club together and hire a frontend loader to close southbroom lagoon !!
    There are hefty fines for any one caught messing with the river mouths

Mpenjati is and awsome venue but saftey is a serious concern !!

Neptune : I Also call the south coast home all tho I havent lived there for years
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

I will check out Mpenjati, I was there late last year & there is a parks board guy who sits in the car park. He collects the entrance fee as it is now controlled. Will let you guys know.
    Born to fish, forced to work

Fantastic posts guys keep it comeing in,it sounds realy interesting up that way,if only we got stuff like river snapper and kings here by us
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Thriss
    With lots of family in Port Edward/Munster i've fished conventional rock and surf around there from about '85. Lately all I've done is fished my old spots with the fly rod with varied success and not as often as I would like.
    So if any of you guys can get down to that part I'd gladly tell tell you where I've fished.

Nepps
    Did you go to Sheppie High?

cheers
    Rory
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    Thriss
    With lots of family in Port Edward/Munster i've fished conventional rock and surf around there from about '85. Lately all I've done is fished my old spots with the fly rod with varied success and not as often as I would like.
    So if any of you guys can get down to that part I'd gladly tell tell you where I've fished.

Nepps
    Did you go to Sheppie High?

cheers
    Rory

Hi Rory,

I go down the coast every now and then, and am planning on giving the saltwater fly fishing thing a try. Would very much appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

My favourite little spot for rock and surf was Lucky Dip at Port Edward !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast