Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Is "copying" going to far????

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Aunty Herm'

I have a Toyota and a heron...
    I have neither, I fish from a Rolls Royce, and drive a "bucket". But there again I can take my bucket where Toyota Land Cruisers 4x4 get stuck, and I take my Rolls Royce where Heron's fair to ramp & raft & tread.

Quote Originally Posted by schloshd1 View Post
    So does Herman, except he drives his Heron and fishes from his Toyota
    Well said that man.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

If I've read the initial post in this thread correctly.....then I think what Mike is saying is that someone should have at least changed the "glaring" similarities a bit. Both tubes have a purpose.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

So Edison made the light bulb and we should all stick with that ,somebody made a fish pole and we must stick to that,I can go on and on.You don't need any more examples of how man has improved ,cars, planes, trains and float tubes.The most obvious statement on the two float tubes is the orange thing at the back,which is a safety requirement that all floating craft should have,the length of pontoons are not the same etc .I think they have improved on the overpriced import.So tell me who did not copy my first U boat ? And all of you will say "but I thought Of That first " BS .You don't own It.I don't own It .The write to sell or offer me a POLE a BOAT or what ever is up to your discretion.It is what it is,a rod,boat,tube,reel,flyline,backing etc are they not all copies or improvements of each other and the best thing they have given us choice!
    Choice more in the sense that we we can enjoy the sport of kings without being a king but sometimes, feel like one.
    So I SAY THANK YOU!
    Those that endeavor to give us options we can afford and make it locally and endeavor to keep it local ,well all I can say is thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TERENCE View Post
    So Edison made the light bulb and we should all stick with that
    Actually, he did not ...

Ed
    it: Okay, I was a bit quick on the draw there. He did make A lightbulb yes, but did not invent it as is the common misconception.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Those that endeavor to give us options we can afford and make it locally and endeavor to keep it local ,well all I can say is thanks.
    Speaking of local - can anyone clarify who does make known brands locally? Iow, they need to be manufactured locally. I don't know of many, if any. I suspect there are guys that make float tubes locally, but I'm not 100% sure of that.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

So Edison made the light bulb and we should all stick with that ,somebody made a fish pole and we must stick to that,I can go on and on.You don't need any more examples of how man has improved ,cars, planes, trains and float tubes.The most obvious statement on the two float tubes is the orange thing at the back,which is a safety requirement that all floating craft should have,the length of pontoons are not the same etc .I think they have improved on the overpriced import.So tell me who did not copy my first U boat ? And all of you will say "but I thought Of That first " BS .You don't own It.I don't own It .The write to sell or offer me a POLE a BOAT or what ever is up to your discretion.It is what it is,a rod,boat,tube,reel,flyline,backing etc are they not all copies or improvements of each other and the best thing they have given us choice!
    Choice more in the sense that we we can enjoy the sport of kings without being a king but sometimes, feel like one.
    So I SAY THANK YOU!
    No one said they should not produce a V-boat. The issue is with the blatant copying of the colours and design on the Cumberland. A colour combo can be seen as a form of branding, so essentially they've copied the branding. That is the issue I have with it.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Speaking of local - can anyone clarify who does make known brands locally? Iow, they need to be manufactured locally. I don't know of many, if any. I suspect there are guys that make float tubes locally, but I'm not 100% sure of that.
    This is a local company:

http://www.dabbie.net/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    This is a local company:

Ja, that is the one I was looking for - thanks Spinner!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    This is a local company:

There is no chance I would paddle into the middle of a lake in a craft made by a company that has a website with such shocking spelling and grammar!
    Check your knots!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7