Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wooly Bugger

I have also never had a problem with a B10s nor have I seen one being bitten through by a tiger.
    I maintain that if they are big enough to bite through a hook then for the most part the spacing between their teeth is large enough for the B10s to fit. The #2/0 B10s has a working load of 25lbs and a fail load of 38lbs so is more than substantial enough for most of the tigers you should encounter and you honestly cant beat the penetration, which counts alot in my book.
    The #4 B10s may be a it light in the pants though with a working load of 11lbs and a fail load of 18lbs.
    But in fairness youre more likely to have your leader or trace bitten through than your hook bitten through... unless ofcourse youre using Grips
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

I'm not so convinced about the B10S anymore ... tied a lot of Largie and Clouser type flies for SW on them over the years and if I can pull on a #4B10S with 12lb Fluoro that it pops off on the shank or that it bends open on a Largemouth, definitely not going to take my chance on a once in a trip Tiger, but that's just me.

The Mustad C52SBLN is also a pretty decent stinger hook, I rate it better than the B10S.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

For tigers the B10S is the shitz - if you can find them! I guess they do work better in the smaller sizes like no4. I have adopted the method of not striking and gently playing the fish using these small flies (and wireless) and it does work. The mustad stinger is also nice just a shorter shank. Then I also like the O'shaunessy (whatever) but I modify mine to open the gape slightly and flatten the up-turned tip a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by piri View Post
    No No, not a trout hook at all, that will be like going to a gun fight with a knife!

I use #4 Saltwater hooks, think they were mustads!
    Think my setup was ''dipped'' in mustard'', !! hells fire!!! fffffffffftheehoooook, water!!Please
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3