Thread: Barb -Ghieliemientjie competition

Default Barb -Ghieliemientjie competition

Today I heard of a competition off guys catching small fish.
    Now I mean small. Gluing the hook onto the line tippet.
    Imagine tying on a size 30 hook

Do any of you have more information about this discipline?

Jannie

Ons vang hulle per ongeluk wanneer ons Nymph vir Kleinbekke. Straightfin Barb is die mees algemeenste. Apart from that I don't see the point in "targetting" them.

Well whatever tickles you or blow your hair back
    They will all probable weigh the same so if you can catch more than me you beat me.
    If you know what they biting on you have a better chance of winning
    Could be that they see how many different species they can get within a set time.

Jannie

is the fishing SO bad up in Merry Gauteng now that you have to target these?
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    is the fishing SO bad up in Merry Gauteng now that you have to target these?
    Mine spills, thats why they use ''echoli'' flies Jasper.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Glans View Post
    Today I heard of a competition off guys catching small fish.
    Now I mean small. Gluing the hook onto the line tippet.
    Imagine tying on a size 30 hook

Do any of you have more information about this discipline?

Jannie
    In the UK it is big business and they fish for serious prizes. Google match fishing and gudgeon.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanks Darryl

Very interesting
    That fish must be very fast if you look at the tail size compared to the body
    Not sure if this will catch on?
    Pulling those buggers in on your 400mm rod and 0.05mm tippet.... a real challenge

As a kid I used to fish for gudgeon on the Thames. We'd stir up the muddy bottom with a rake to get all the worms/moogies out, then sit on the bank or in a boat and floatfish for them with lifht float tackle and say a size 16 hook with a bit of worm on. A very gutsy little fighter of only a couple of ounces in weight. We could catch hundreds in a day if we so wished. Gudgeon were also very good fried or grilled if like with me the choice of food was otherwise limited. For REAL big hauls we used to fish for bleak on the surface using a small dry black gnat or a single maggot either freelined or under a small porcupine quill. These we could catch thousands a day if we wanted! The monotony wore off after the first few years...I also caught bleak on small home-made rods of about 4' length made out of very small strips of bamboo. Trouble is the rod used to break if the fish was over a couple of ounces! We never went smaller than size 20 hook in my day! The French used to use bleak silver scales as a pearl substitute and used to import thousands of our Thames bleak until these pests finally 'crossed the channel' so they ended up infested with them as well!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

a bleak future indeed!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS