Thread: Worlds biggest fly

Default Worlds biggest fly

The Biggest Fly Fishing Fly in the World, that can actually be cast with a fly rod

On the 24th of September 2010, StreamX made history by hosting the creation of the biggest fly in the world, a fly of 2,2 meters long, that's 7.2 feet or 86.6 inches.

The fly was tied by Denton Ingham-Brown (a.k.a. Captain DDD) using a hook made by Craig Thom from an old car aerial. The material for the body was provided by Fishient (Just add h2o).

Here is a video of Tim Rolston having a go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THltyF_WMIY

Should you be aware of anything bigger, let us know. If not have a go at beating our record.

More details & pics at http://www.streamxflyfishing.co.za/w...ggest_fly.html

Picture credits - Dee Mills
    Last edited by ArcherFish; 27-09-10 at 05:09 PM.
    Regards
    Craig

Ed Herbst micro-fly cabin fever..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Ha ha classic!!
    Gerrit Viljoen

Thumbs up

I just want to say a huge thanks to Craig and the guys for hosting another Stream X epic. They went the xtra mile to ensure the whole family had fun, from wives to kids. Tim had us all in stitches with his fly tying and if only I didn't have the second FREE boston draught, I would have remembered the stunning tying tips he gave us. Ed was magnificent, as for Denton,....I speak for myself when I say I wish for a hook that long, as I always run out of space
    I had to leave before the fly was finished, but as I said, what a nice day.
    Thanks again Craig for making our day such a pleasure.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Ed Herbst micro-fly cabin fever..
    it was tied in the same vice as Eds softhackles earlier in the day

Jvice size 28 to 28/0

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG