Thread: Milly's Star stop Machadodorp

Default Milly's Star stop Machadodorp

Hi guys, have anyone of you fished the lake at Milly's on the N4?

Yebo, from the outside empty balcony you can hit the carp hard with a 'pellet' fly if you chum with pellets that they sell there.... but we were cuffed last time and no the managemnet sh*t you out hard if you fish from there, which makes it much harder... but if u could get a tube you could float around and be in the clear for the carp...

Otherwise there are some decent bass along the dam wall in the reeds there... I do not know why there are no trout, because it is certainly big enough and a mate has a dam filled with trout that survive all year not even 1km away... Could be a viable day fishery because it is a really nice dam...

Will try find the photo's of the caro we caught here...

cheers
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

I know some scum used to smuggle in handlines and catch the trout on bread, worms etc and smuggle them out - serious...

If so, no wonder the owners don't stock the place with expensive fish any longer...

Have you tried fishing the stream of cars alongside?

++

PS - James - it was Old Boys dinner last night. Good luck with your exams and pass on my salaams to your Mum and Dad

cheers
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    I know some scum used to smuggle in handlines and catch the trout on bread, worms etc and smuggle them out - serious...

If so, no wonder the owners don't stock the place with expensive fish any longer...

Have you tried fishing the stream of cars alongside?

++

PS - James - it was Old Boys dinner last night. Good luck with your exams and pass on my salaams to your Mum and Dad

cheers
    Chris
    Ya it makes sense, and because people throw pellets at the carp, i assume all fish would just hoard around the restaurant!... And it is very susceptible to poaching, but nice looking dam though!!

Lekker, hope you were well behaved mr Williams will send them your best...
    I'll stay as long as i can fish. . .

Whenever the "club" for geniuses - MENSA - was mentioned, I always wondered if their was an opposite equivalent society for imbeciles. Now I know, it's called ANCYL.

Impeccable behaviour as always...

And yes, Jaco is right to be inquisitive, the dam looks a jewel albeit the dam's being so close to the freeway
    Last edited by chris williams; 02-10-10 at 03:28 PM.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hi Every one, I just read a post from one of my facebook friends who just drove past Milly's, and apparently the place is busy and almost completely burned down...
    Can anyone confirm this?

Jip, its true!!

Saw the photos!! However its only the small shop on your left that burned down totally...

Some of my colleagues were there at about 10:30 when they took the photos and it was in flames!!

Very sad actually, its one of Mpumalangas main "attractions" as you drive on the N4!!

Im sure the insurance will pay out quickly and the will rebuild quickly.

Ciao

hectic man!!! hope those guys are all ok!!!