Thread: New to the site

Default New to the site

Hi all,

To summarise, I am currently in Cape Town having moved recently from Grahamstown. I only just recently got back into the whole "throwing feathers at fish" thing. I also just recently started tying my own flies again (how quickly I lost those skills!!). Anyway, I started my flyfishing career on small estuarine species (moonies, juvenile kingfish, skipjack) and moved onto bass and catfish. Now I'm looking to target some trout, and of course carry on with those estuarine and marine beasties.

Hoping to learn a lot from everyone here.

Cheers,
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by gtraas View Post
    Hi all,

To summarise, I am currently in Cape Town having moved recently from Grahamstown. I only just recently got back into the whole "throwing feathers at fish" thing. I also just recently started tying my own flies again (how quickly I lost those skills!!). Anyway, I started my flyfishing career on small estuarine species (moonies, juvenile kingfish, skipjack) and moved onto bass and catfish. Now I'm looking to target some trout, and of course carry on with those estuarine and marine beasties.

Hoping to learn a lot from everyone here.

Cheers,
    Graham
    Welcome to the forums Graham.

There are plenty of members based down your way. Join the CPS, go visit Phillip at Eikendal, visit Craig at Stream X.
    Unless you are a Vaalie reprobate in disguise, AVOID, Jasper, Rols, Nicholas and Eduaard,
    There again if you have a cast iron liver, then these are your boys.

There's something for everyone in the Cape, just "connect" with the right people.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Booger Rose Banned User

Hi Graham, welcome to FT, enjoy the site and there is a lot of trooting to be had in CT. Herman give some good advice (and some crap advise) you can decide wich is what!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    There again if you have a cast iron liver, then these are your boys.
    I am an ex-Rhodes University boy, so the cast-iron liver is a given

Thanks, I'm very keen to do some exploring in the WC!