Thread: Clanwilliam Yellows in December. I need some gold!

Default Clanwilliam Yellows in December. I need some gold!

Manne

I am heading down to the Cape for a mates wedding in December and I NEED to get into some Clanwilliam yelows. I have always wanted to fish for these beauts in crystal clear water.

The wedding will be on 18 Dec not far from Citrusdal. Maybe 20km or so out on the Ceres road. I played around on google earth and saw that the small streams that flow through their farm is part of the Leeu rivier that flows into the Tankwa and Doring.

Firstly do these river systems hold clanwilliam yellows? And what about the Witvis and Sawfin?

I am planning to stay a few days extra and perhaps travel up the west coast. I am hoping that you guys can help me with some good venues for the yellows. Perhaps if you have a day or so free join me for some fishing. I will only have a day or so to fish as the lady is tagging along. She would be bleak if I spend our whole trip on the river... So I thus need to make the most of my one day!

Hoop julle het vir my raad.

Tjirs

Try the area between Clanwilliam dam, and Citrusdal, on the Olifants, for Clamwilliam yellows. No witvis there, as they are only in the Berg and Breede system, if there are any left there at all.
    Please if you are going to try and fish anywhere in the area that you mention, get the landowners permission befor you enter his land. Some of us have worked hard to get the conficence of some of the landowners, and if you just waltz on and fish, you could do damage.
    Speak to the people that you know, who live in the area, and they can advise you.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.