View Poll Results: Which Reel would you rather take of the two?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Explorer XPla II 5-7

5 50.00%
  • Stealth Mid Arbor 5/6 disc drag

5 50.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Which do you prefer

I use an Xplorer Titan for the Vaal. Cheap (R400), lightish, and well put together. Also looks pretty

One thing you need to do on any cheaper reel is to lube it up properly before using it. The grease they use on the one-way bearings in the factory is not adequate.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I use an Xplorer Titan for the Vaal. Cheap (R400), lightish, and well put together. Also looks pretty

One thing you need to do on any cheaper reel is to lube it up properly before using it. The grease they use on the one-way bearings in the factory is not adequate.
    Looks like a good option yes. It is a nice looking reel.

http://www.fishingproshop.co.za/inde...emart&Itemid=1
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I fish a Killwell Genesis on the Vaal and it works for me. Had it now for 4 seasons and I have fallen over rocks and picked up a few nicks on the reel, but it still works like the day I got it. This was a cheap reel, cant recall what I paid, but it was probably in the R350 range and worth every cent. If you can get your hands on one, buy two you will thank yourself later on.

I had exploders in all shapes and sizes and I gave them away to my brother, but that is a story for another day.

I have 2 XPLA II's... They have given me no issues yet and landed decent fish. I like that Stealth though. Only seen it in pics unfortunately.
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4