Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "The Kingdom" DVD - Superb!!

Default "The Kingdom" DVD - Superb!!

Good day Fellow Flytalkers,

I received my DVD, "The Kingdom" yesterday...and like a kid round the Christmas tree, could not wait to sit down and watch it..

For those of you who don't know the DVD, The Kingdom is based on a trout trekking adventure through the Lesotho highlands... It has been put together superbly by Safari Film Africa (SFA).

Last night I sat down with a mate as well as my girlfriend and watched 40 minutes of absolute beauty on our doorstep! As a fly fisherman, I was completely captivated by the wilderness these guys found themselves in and crystal clear waters. Even my girlfriend and mate who are not fly fishers were amazed by what they saw. The SFA team have really captured something special, by capturing the surroundings as well as showing us the beauty behind fly fishing.

It is a local product and all I can say is well done. I watched their sterkies production, "Touching Gold", and that too was an exellent production.

For those of you who like the sense of adventure and would really like to discover Lesotho, this is a magic DVD and would reccommend it to anyone..So put it on your Christmas wishlist.

SFA, well done on an awesome piece of work! I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to do something similar soon!!
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

cool, i need to check this one out.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support Ryan! Very kind words and much appreciated. If anyone is interested (Matt?) then feel free to contact me anytime.
    Blue Skies
    Rayno

No problem.. It's an awesome product and well put together. Old Ed was quite a character..ha ha! I really do recommend this DVD to any fly fisher out there, especially if adventure is your thing..

Lakka

Yes Ed is quite the character! He thinks like a fish and has tremendous knowledge of fly fishing! It was thanks to his logistical planning that we were able to hit the sweetest spots and head into some sections of river very very few have been!!!
    Blue Skies
    Rayno

Quote Originally Posted by SFA View Post
    ... we were able to hit the sweetest spots and head into some sections of river very very few have been!!!
    As is the case with the majority of Lesotho. I'm trying hard to get some arrangements made to fish the most souther rivers of Lesotho in a couple of weeks.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

So has anybody else watched the DVD yet? Any feedback?

thank you to Ryan for posting this thread...i recently went to Lesotho and the fishing was amazing!!!

i had heard about the dvd but forgot about it upon returning home...

i ordered mine yesterday, so waiting with bated breath for it's arrival!!!

lesotho must be one of the most amazing wild, natural fishing venues i've ever been privileged to go to!

AMAZING!!!

Howzit Ryan...I've watched the copy you borrowed me finally. Awesome footage, I like the fact that it was filmed, put together and edited professionally. Makes a huge difference to other local DVD's that the guys tried to make themselves. Enjoyed watching it, superb fishing!

Hi Guys ,
    Where can i purchase a copy of this DVD ?

Thanks
    V&C

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast