Thread: Some flies I have been working on

Default Some flies I have been working on

CDC and Elk
    Tied the old fashion way

Deer Hair Emerger
    Thorax is mix of CDC, Coq de Leon, seal, and hare
    Leave thread tag to rib abdomen. Deer Hair wing tied in first (stacked or not) ends pointing toward hook eye. dub body, rib body with thread tag, tie in thorax in front of the wing. I use a split thread technique to achieve a buggier look. I split the thread, insert the mix of fibers, spin the thread to secure, then dub. finish with a pair of 3 turn whip finishes. trim thread and pick out thorax with dubbing needle. trim as desired

Nymph
    Wing case pulled over bead. Helps to subdue the shine from the bead a little for picky fish. looks good to me.

Deer Hair emerger underside
    The point of the pattern is for the abdomen to ride in the film while the wing and thorax suggest a hatching or crippled mayfly or midge. tying the thorax with a split thread loop allows me to add many materials and flash to achieve a more lively appearance.

this fly has been deadly for me since i started using it.

Nymph top down
    CDC wing case, i just like the way it looks and moves and traps air bubbles. its a very buggy material and the colors and textures are just right. the thorax just behind the bead is a few turns of a split thread loop with cdc and hare for a very leggy appearance.

Lots of nymphs from double beads to size 18s

Now lets get some good water levels so I can really start trying these things out.

Oh wow... lovely flies Matt.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Very nice flies Matt! I tied a couple of nymphs, dries and terrestrials this afternoon to fill the boxes. We must get together for a tying evening soon.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

A bunch of really lovely "fishy" looking flies.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

yeah Darryl, we do need to sit down once or twice and get some NZ patterns cranked out. we have a bit of time, but not as much as I think we do.

Booger Rose Banned User

I Like the CDC and Elk. That one will keep on taking fish.

I like them - very buggy!

That CDC & ELK will aso catch you a grunter in the salt. Nice!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.