Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Give me your honest opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    K@k man...Uncle Pops..you use freeking 80mpa concrete on your flies....
    Only my yellowfish flies.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by InHumanForm View Post
    what is kiss?
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Thanks for all the advice guys!! what is kiss? except a verb or the band....

Thanks i took your photo Advice think it looks better?

Derick
    WOW, your photo is in focus.
    at least we can say your photography is improving. (jokes)
    and so is your fly tying.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I had Derrick over at my place yesterday and I showed him a few tying techniques to help him improve his fly tying.. Basics like levelling a body for wooly buggers, steps on what materials need to be tied down first exc exc.

I showed him a nice wooly bugger, easy caddis dry fly, red eye damsel fly and a quick DDD. All good flies you can use for trout,bass and the odd yellowfish.(probably other fish too)

The flies he tied using the steps I showed him looked awesome! Not just that, but these four flies will keep him busy for a while filling his box with different colour variations.

Derrick we are now waiting for those pics bud!!

Cheers
    ..there we were..5 against 100.. ..Man did we F@k those 5 up..!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I had Derrick over at my place yesterday and I showed him a few tying techniques to help him improve his fly tying.. Basics like levelling a body for wooly buggers, steps on what materials need to be tied down first exc exc.

I showed him a nice wooly bugger, easy caddis dry fly, red eye damsel fly and a quick DDD. All good flies you can use for trout,bass and the odd yellowfish.(probably other fish too)

The flies he tied using the steps I showed him looked awesome! Not just that, but these four flies will keep him busy for a while filling his box with different colour variations.

Derrick we are now waiting for those pics bud!!

Cheers
    Leon, good on you. This is what the sport is all about. Sharing and enjoying. No matter what specie or form. Salute!!!
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Leon, good on you. This is what the sport is all about. Sharing and enjoying. No matter what specie or form. Salute!!!
    Pops, at least wait for the plane to go over before you want to start hitting the beers. 7:40 am is still early you know.

Yeah thanks Leon.. it really helped alot.. had not tied since the weekend things has been a mess as i was in a accident on the way back from jhb.. and the car is pretty stuffed.. the panelbeaters are almost closing and the accesor will say today or 2morrow if its a right off... so that kinda sucks... im CARLOs..
    guess i wont have a car till next year.

some pics of it

Derick

You sure as hell improved the shape on that Volvo.
    Glad you are okay, you could have been worse off. I heard that Volvo is the safest car? Is it true seeing that they never are on the road?

Yeah thanks Leon.. it really helped alot.. had not tied since the weekend things has been a mess as i was in a accident on the way back from jhb.. and the car is pretty stuffed.. the panelbeaters are almost closing and the accesor will say today or 2morrow if its a right off... so that kinda sucks... im CARLOs..
    guess i wont have a car till next year.

some pics of it

Derick
    You want my honest opinion - You better drive a lot safer, otherwise you will not have too much time left to fish.

a bummer, to have such an accident right before the holidays.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Pops, at least wait for the plane to go over before you want to start hitting the beers. 7:40 am is still early you know.
    7.40 P.M. You drunk or something????

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast