Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Database of Poachers on WC streams

Default Database of Poachers on WC streams

Good morning guys

I'm starting a new thread record poachers on WC streams. Please only post information about poachers here and only if you can supply vehicle registration numbers or other details by which they can be identified. I will delete all other non-relevant posts.

LIST OF POACHERS

black bantam bakkie with canopy reg CF153275

I will start with Geoff's original post:

During the B nationals this weekend two guys where spotted walking back from the smalblaar river to the Lodge car park where anglers approached them and found they where in possesion of spinning rods and a plastic bag full of fish.They admitted they had fished the Lodge river waters and where unaware that without the necessary permits it was illegal.Cape Nature was contacted but could not sent a ranger as they where busy doing fire patrol in Baines kloof.
    They were given a stern warning (Cape Nature suggestion) and educated in the process involved to fish these waters legally.
    So, please be on the lookout for a black bantam bakkie with canopy reg CF153275 in future if seen again on our waters.

Here is a picture of the poachers' car.....

Default Smalblaar 6

Fished SB6 today and at the pool at the inflow of the Krom. 5 teenagers and their Dad all equiped with spinning rods. Tried to have a chat to them, but the youngsters simply outran me. Seems they park on the road above just before the old tunnel and follow a pathway down. "Dad" was walking up the mountain side and simply ignored me calling at him. Obviously all the water seemed hammered right up to the waterfall pool. Alltough we managed quite a few fish before that point, I was looking forward to the stretch of water above that point so rather peezed off. One of the youngsters left his brand new Nikes in his scurry to get away, so at least "Dad" will have to replace that and i made damn sure that was my point to have lunch and really waste time.
    There is 7 times more water than land! Surely The Lord meant man to fish 7 times more than work!

Default Poachers, non-permit holders, trespassers etc.

Sunday 27 February 2011. These guys are parking on the Du Toits Kloof pass and walking down to the river via the old bridge. Cape Nature officials are on duty at the SB6 parking lot and will never see these guys unless they walk to the second weir on Elandspad1. The guys I spoke to told me they always come here to "koel af". ie, Suip and smoke. I gave them a friendly reminder that they need permits and must take their empty bottles with them.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Default Peter Davies of Supersport

Peter Davies of Supersport was recently caught poaching on the Smalblaar and killing a fish.

Last edited by ArcherFish; 06-10-11 at 02:36 PM.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Tale View Post
    Fished SB6 today and at the pool at the inflow of the Krom. 5 teenagers and their Dad all equiped with spinning rods. Tried to have a chat to them, but the youngsters simply outran me. Seems they park on the road above just before the old tunnel and follow a pathway down. "Dad" was walking up the mountain side and simply ignored me calling at him. Obviously all the water seemed hammered right up to the waterfall pool. Alltough we managed quite a few fish before that point, I was looking forward to the stretch of water above that point so rather peezed off. One of the youngsters left his brand new Nikes in his scurry to get away, so at least "Dad" will have to replace that and i made damn sure that was my point to have lunch and really waste time.
    Similar situation for me today. I started fishing at 7am and someone had already nailed the water before me based on the freshness of the tracks and wet rocks. I fished up the Krom hoping to rest the water for the afternoon session and managed 1 rainbow and 1 brown by 15h30. Fish where conspicuous by their absence. I saw 2 bass and six trout the whole day. No rises despite good hatches of "black fly". When I got back to Junction pool at 16h00, there were 3 people (CPS members??) fishing the start of SB6. (no documentation) Effed up the rest of the day for me. I spoke to them and am still contemplating what to do next. Usual story of "Sorry man, did'nt know". As I left another car was parked just outside the tunnel. Nobody in sight. PENDING means I am prepared to make allowances for genuine misunderstandings.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 07-10-11 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    poachers on beat 4 and 5 white sedan/hatchback automatic ca 908 695
    on saterday the 31st aparently his name was nic wouldent give futher details

regards
    nico
    fyi...............

CA 437531 cream nissan double cab - spinning on beat 1 Smalblaar 5th Jan 2012
    Regards
    Craig

I am really interested to know what the procedures are when you find a poacher on CPS waters or let's say Club Waters elsewhere? What happens to the culprits? Who acts on them? The CPS? The Club whose water it is on? The Government? The Police? Fauna and Flora?

Please advise as I would like to know whether its just a slap over the wrist or is there actually harsh steps being taken?

Look forward to your replies...

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    I am really interested to know what the procedures are when you find a poacher on CPS waters or let's say Club Waters elsewhere? What happens to the culprits? Who acts on them? The CPS? The Club whose water it is on? The Government? The Police? Fauna and Flora?

Please advise as I would like to know whether its just a slap over the wrist or is there actually harsh steps being taken?

Look forward to your replies...
    As far as CPS waters are concerned, the short answer as far as sanctions are concerned is nothing much. You actually have to be prepared to follow through as soon as you report any incidents in the reserves. This involves having photographic evidence of the perps (and vehicles) as well as their illegal activities, reporting it to Cape Nature and following up regularly on the progress being made on the case. I've had some success doing this because I had photographic evidence of the crime. The CPS along with other fishing disciplines are currently engaging Cape Nature on these issues as enforcment is severely lacking. Even CPS Honorary Rangers have no backup from CNC when dealing with poachers.

MC maybe these comments need to be in a new/different thread......
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 09-01-12 at 08:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast