Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: December fishing plans...

I have not made any fishing plan for December. I am a newly joined member to flytalk. I want some guidance from the senior members of this forum that which place is the best for fishing in December ? I also want to know that which time is proper for fishing. Please help me with good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by johanwhite View Post
    I have not made any fishing plan for December. I am a newly joined member to flytalk. I want some guidance from the senior members of this forum that which place is the best for fishing in December ? I also want to know that which time is proper for fishing. Please help me with good suggestions.
    Hi Johan,

Firstly welcome to the forums.

I see that you are in California, just a wee bit far for a weekend trip what

Where in SA do you want to fish, and which species would you like to target ?

Being more specific would allow more specific advice.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Johan

Your planning a trip to SA. If you are planning to visit the Cape i am willing to help you.

HI Johan, WELCOME!!

For freshwater species, the cooler/colder months are best. May - September, but yellowfish and bass etc also are targeted throughout the warmer/hot months as well.

The saltwater fish on our east coast and estuaries really come on from Febuary- May, slack off a bit in winter and then from October it gets better up and till Febuary when the estuaries ''peak'' here.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Anyone going to be in the Garden Route between 16 Dec and 10 Jan, who would like to wet a line?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Anyone going to be in the Garden Route between 16 Dec and 10 Jan, who would like to wet a line?
    Maybe not exactly the garden route but thinking of ff Calitzdorp area, for yellows. Busy finding out about accommadation and water levels. Do you have info. I see they have a ff club there . Think its the Southern star ff club or something like that, cant remember.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I will be there, not guiding, so hopefully get time to wet a line. If you keen I can go show you some of my other spots Andre, no need to fish only one place all the time. I will be taking loads of pictures this year, my new interest has corrupted my my fishing life. and to be honest, its much better looking at a very pretty girl through a lense than blanking for a day

So if anybody want me to tag allong just ring me 0829415344
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2