Thread: Roll Cast

Default Roll Cast

This is a very interesting video...

I might have to invest in the DVD...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bumcast?...11/UFDPIn0L0Uw
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

Ordered this dvd today. Keen to see it! Anyone got their mitts on it yet?

Watched it this morning.. Pretty nice, although it focuses almost solely on stream/river fishing and maintaining good drifts, and getting good slack in the line.. A little useless for me right now but insightful either way. VERY well presented, very easy to understand. Will definitely watch it again sometime.

have had it a while now and it's been very helpful and its a great video to watch as well.

I have it, and have watched it many times, and have attempted most of the csts. They are not difficult, although, a little pointless on our Cape streasms, as we generally fish far too close to make many of these casts possible. The curved casts are very usefull though. One word of warning however, these casts are not meant for a novice fly fisherman, in that one really needs to have a very good ability to read the water in order to know when some of these presentation casts are neccessarry.
    I think it's a good DVD, but except for a few of the presentation casts, not very helpfull for the Cape Streams. It would be much more usefull on a larger river, where longer casts are the order of the day.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.