Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all, i booked Elandspad Beat1 for Sunday, somebody wants to join me fishing?

Default Hi all, i booked Elandspad Beat1 for Sunday, somebody wants to join me fishing?

Hi all

I joined the CPS since a few days and booked Elandspat Beat 1 for comming sunday.

I am looking for people to go fishing and learn a bit more about SA fly fishing.

greetings

Bernd

hey bud

did you find a fishing buddy? how was the fishing? hope you caught, maybe give us some feedback?

all the best for the new year

Hi Gazzarowan

It was my first day Fly fishing in SA, it was very nice. Got some small trout.

I booked comming Sunday Elandspad Beat 2, i will be there at about 9:00. You (or anyone else) can come an join if you want.

greetings

Bernd

EP2 is a nice beat. Good luck and enjoy the hike out
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

5. Default

There has been an extensive veld fire in the region of the elandspad.

Take this into consideration with your fishing.

If you are a new member, there will be new member orientation setup early this year at the clubroom. This is an awesome opportunity to meet new members and to learn about the fishing and beats....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Thanks for the tip Nkula

I will set my fly on fire for a better presentation

looking forward to the meeting in CT

greetings

Bernd
    Last edited by cookie; 15-01-11 at 05:34 PM.

[QUOTE=nkula_nkula;181274]There has been an extensive veld fire in the region of the elandspad.

Take this into consideration with your fishing.
    /QUOTE]

Yes my brother Justin who lives in that neck of the woods was involved in the firefighting there. He said it was pretty scary... hope things all OK now
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi Gazzarowan

It was my first day Fly fishing in SA, it was very nice. Got some small trout.

I booked comming Sunday Elandspad Beat 2, i will be there at about 9:00. You (or anyone else) can come an join if you want.

greetings

Bernd
    Hi Bernd I know you are a new member of the CPS, so welcome, nice to have you.
    I don't want to be a "kill joy" or anything, nor do I want to use Fly talk as a forum to speak on behalf of the CPS, but there is a lot that applies to the CPS that comes up on Fly talk, so for fear of comming under some attack, there are a few basic rules that some new members need to be aware of.

It's fine to invite someone to come fishing with you, but you need to be aware that the ladies at the office, muct be informed of the name of the person that is comming with you. They must be informed before 15h00 on the Friday afternoon, for the weekend that you intend to go fishing, otherwise, you unfortunatly will be breaking the rules by taking someone along, that is not entered into the book. If the person you take, is not a member, or holder of the correct permits, there is a process to be followed, and the office can advise you of this.
    It is important to be aware, that the CPS, sends a fax to Cape Nature of Friday afternoons at 15h00, with all the names, car registrations, and beat bookings, of every person that will be fishing CPS waters, over the weekend , and if there is a person whose name is not on the fax, they are considered to be fishing illegally, and we could pick up problems.
    There is currently no provision for people to fish over the weekends, on the spur of the moment. If you have not booked you guest, to fish with you, by the cut off on Friday afternoon, you unfortunatly are not allowed to take them with. Even if the person you invite, is a fully fledged member, the office still needs to know about it in time to send their name to the Cape Nature office.
    These rules have been put in place, as per requirement of Cape nature, who manage the Limieberg catchment, and the use we have of their rivers, is by arrangment.
    If you have any queries, you can call me on 083 6538167. In the meantime, please enjoy your fishing, and please don't misunderstand this post. It's not meant to come down on you or anyone else in particular, so please forgive any unintended offence.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

No, I think it is a good reminder to people Andre. Thanks.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

i didnt know that, so thanks for posting that Andre. i have been trying to plan some time in the cape and i was just going to ask ppl to fish somewhere. will have a closer look at the rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast