Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Robson Green

Mr Green also named a new type of Bass, the wide mothed bass, then later he called it the Big mouth Bass What a plank
    Don't get confused with my personality and my
    attitude...my personality is who I am...my attitude
    depends on who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikesch View Post
    Mr Green also named a new type of Bass, the wide mothed bass, then later he called it the Big mouth Bass What a plank
    Americans do call the Largemouth Bass a Widemouth or Bucketmouth as well.

It's fairly appropriate then that a bucketmouth is hosting this show
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesch View Post
    He he Mr Booth must've shat himself on the Mteri!

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Americans do call the Largemouth Bass a Widemouth or Bucketmouth as well.
    Then I am a plank, I guess as i is from Vanderbijlpark so i does have an excuse
    Don't get confused with my personality and my
    attitude...my personality is who I am...my attitude
    depends on who you are.....

It seems that there's demand for a higher quality show.

I ran the numbers on doing just that: A season of 13 episodes of 22 minutes each, all within SA, can be done with about 40 days of on-site filming. The cost, including a professional cameraman, a sound guy, camera hire, accommodation for the crew, plus three anglers (assuming they do not get paid) works out at abour R600k.

Another 9 episodes from 5 venues around continental Africa with 35 days filming would add about R800k onto that.

Then add another R200-400k for editing and production etc.
    Grand total, R1.8m

Supersport can get about R3500 per 30-second advert in the week. So your 18-episode series (if aired twice) would get them about R1-1.5m. They would probably then pay you about R1.5-2.0m. So it's totally doable.

You and two mates get 75 days of free fishing in a year, and you can be a TV star Just need the capital up front and plenty of available time.

Ok, then let's do it. If you can get Supoersport to commit, I will arrange for the 1.8 bar, bridging finance.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ok, then let's do it. If you can get Supoersport to commit, I will arrange for the 1.8 bar, bridging finance.
    Yes and I will narrate, comment or host it for mahala.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Yes and I will narrate, comment or host it for mahala.
    I'm not joking hey... I have already spoken to someone in the fishing movie business, and he says you will need at least 4 cameramen depending on the quality of the production. An angler needs to be filmed from a few different angles, and you need to film more than one angler at a time to take maximum advantage of the potential coverage. He also says that if you have a time and money budget... double them, and double them again, and you will still run over time and budget. Filming fishing, is a little like filming wildlife, you cannot predict anything, and you are at the mercy of prevailing conditions, and cannot predict the detail of the end product.
    You apparently need a ration of 200:1 hours filming to product, in ideal conditions. You can also double this for anticipated non ideal conditions.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I'm not joking hey... I have already spoken to someone in the fishing movie business, and he says you will need at least 4 cameramen depending on the quality of the production. An angler needs to be filmed from a few different angles, and you need to film more than one angler at a time to take maximum advantage of the potential coverage. He also says that if you have a time and money budget... double them, and double them again, and you will still run over time and budget. Filming fishing, is a little like filming wildlife, you cannot predict anything, and you are at the mercy of prevailing conditions, and cannot predict the detail of the end product.
    You apparently need a ration of 200:1 hours filming to product, in ideal conditions. You can also double this for anticipated non ideal conditions.
    I think a guy like Tommo from Inside Angling would be able to give you an idea.

Inside Angling is the best fishing show out of SA...

If a show like that could be done for local fly fishers in local conditions it would be awesome.

But would the show be able to get the sponsors together and will there be enough places to go and catch fish on fly locally to make it worth it?

I mean how many shows can you do on short line nymph fishing for sm yellows or dry flies on the cape streams???
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast