Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JAM Flies

Default JAM Flies

where can I buy a few JAM flies for grunter fishing. I'm looking for flies that are proper JAM flies, swimming upright etc. If anybody can assist please message me. thanks a million

Markk ties them message him or Pop into upstream there were a few there in little clear tubes

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Default thx

thx - got a few masterpieces from upstream!

Anyone got a pic of the correct JAM fly

Quote Originally Posted by Zambo View Post
    Anyone got a pic of the correct JAM fly
    Check out Peter Coetzee's blog (http://borntoflyfish.blogspot.com/20...mmersonni.html)

Those are the ones referred to by damage tied by Mark Krige at Upstream

I had a look on the site above. It is an pink prawn immitation and down here in Knysna pink prawn is deadly bait. The photo of the JAM fly is only from one side with the large white claw. The claw in this case I am sure will also act as the trigger. I can't believe I never thought of this immitation.
    Does anyone have the pattern and material recipe for it.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

It looks like some sort of needle work/embroidery backing or thin felt. Nice fly tho.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

Hi Guys, Here it is:

forward swimming variant:

Apologies for not posting on here for some time. I just got a bit sick of the politics. Ive turned a corner on my grunter fishing of late but have a number I want to reach before I put all my cards on the table. working on a little vid as well telling the story.

As far as the JAM is concerned there are a good 20-30 something steps involved which is probably why there arent any SBS's around. The main ingredient is polar plus. And the underbody is fly line. That "belly" section is polar plus wrapped and then teased with velcro. The legs, claws, carapace are all cut from sections of polar fibre+silicon.

The JAM is an important part of getting success on the species but as MC said, 70% of it is about persistance and technique. 30% the fly. there are guys who swear by other flies that get good success on the species as well.
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Brilliant fly!

Perfect blend of realism vs functionality \

With a little lemon butter and garlic on the side I might even be tempted to try that
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Thanks for the pics!

Im sure I have seen a flyshop advertise jam fly sheets somewhere? cant seem to find anything now, figures!

Peter the next time you tie some, please take a few pics. even if you skip a few steps, i would love to see how the JAM part is done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast