Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T&T Whisper Lite

Default T&T Whisper Lite

Some pics of a recent build ....

Will post pics of the tube and bag as soon as I can revive my camera again.

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

What a beauty, well done Mario. Thomas & Thomas has once again hit the nail on the head with this blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    What a beauty, well done Mario. Thomas & Thomas has once again hit the nail on the head with this blank.
    Thanks Ricko - much appreciated. Pity my camera has lens issues, as the bag and tube also came out very nice. It will be interesting to hear the owner's feedback of the rod. Yours as well when you see it "live". Looking forward to your comments.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Sweet build. I like the grip. Something different, especially from out of your stable

What insert is that on the seat? Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Sweet build. I like the grip. Something different, especially from out of your stable
    Thanks. I've done a few like this - and busy with a few more. Understated, but something else.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    What insert is that on the seat? Looks good!
    Wild Olive, as most always.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Looks cool Mario. I think the agate guide looks cool and understated. Could easily have looked too garish.

The handwritten "Thomas and Thomas..." looks nice too.

So there is life after SAGE after all
    Last edited by Stephen Louw; 07-02-11 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Louw View Post
    Looks cool Mario. I think the agate guide looks cool and understated. I was worried it would be too garish.
    I think it looks great, and was a wise addition ito overall looks. I personally think the very understated trim and thread choice helped balance the overall look of the rod.

The handwritten "Thomas and Thomas..." looks nice too.
    I've never been had neat hand, so I take that as a huge compliment

So there is life after SAGE after all
    Weeeellll ... only if the life support fails

Just kidding. Powerful rod this - but lays a very neat line, quite delicate. Surprising actually.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Well done Mario. I knew you would eventually evolve to assembling a decent brand of rod!!

just kidding... It looks beautiful and i too like the grip.

I am very inerested to hear what people's views on this rod are wrt stream applications.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    I am very interested to hear what people's views on this rod are wrt stream applications.
    I can't speak for the Whisper Lite, but I have the 3 weight T&T Light Presentation Series (the WL's predecessor) and its way and above my favourite small stream rod.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast