Thread: Advertising Rules

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Or Smartass.
    Or Frontier Fly Fishing
    Guess that will be gone

just like Garyatstealth

no on ever complained about them....

New ads = capitalism - gotta love it.

Are we still allowed to show rod builds in our albums or is that also considered advertising as you are actually showing of your product?
    Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform

hey Mark, I bought a reel from Ricko.

Completely forgot about any payment etc.... Can I transfer the 5% to your account or is there a business account it needs to go in?
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Quote Originally Posted by Saloon 2000 View Post
    Or Frontier Fly Fishing
    Guess that will be gone

just like Garyatstealth

no on ever complained about them....

New ads = capitalism - gotta love it.

Are we still allowed to show rod builds in our albums or is that also considered advertising as you are actually showing of your product?
    Can of worms this...
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptre View Post
    I think I would like to change my username to Spartacus.
    Classic!!!

Pierre, MC and Phillip - how would people like myself and Mike go about his? Most of the stuff I post (pics) have some sort of reference to what I do (my site etc) as my logo and so forth is usually on said item.

Your help would be appreciated, as a) I don't want to break any rules, but b) would still like to be able to post some of my completed projects here.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

I think the Moderators owe you and Mike a percentage of their percentage for your unselfish contributions to this site

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    I think the Moderators owe you and Mike a percentage of their percentage for your unselfish contributions to this site
    5% of 5% = ....

I think people have a totally incorrect perception of the number of rods (speaking for myself, not for Mike) that is built for forumers. Anyway, would just like to know how to go about things.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Flytalk is like an old friend you have'nt seen for many years,when you visit them again you can always pick up from where you left off...... I am getting Deja vu
    Last edited by nicholas; 10-02-11 at 08:38 AM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Almost, like the soapies, almost.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi Mario,

I am not to sure how the part time rod building business work? Is your rod building similar to that of Derek Smith who advertises in the TCFF? If so, the same rules apply.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast