Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Advertising Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    The thing is, it costs allot of money to keep the forum going and that money must come from the forum itself. It must sustain itself. If it cant then i must be abandoned...as simple as that. This leaves us in a difficult position and we are forced to take action because our advertisers help keep this show going.

I understand and appreciate that the contribution made by each and every member (including Sceptre and Fario ) contribute to the success of the forum but in the end it has to put money in the bank, simple as that...
    Uncle Pierre (I think you are and old toppie, but tell me if I'm, wrong), thank you very much for the complement. Does that mean I get some money or a discount when I buy something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptre View Post
    Uncle Pierre (I think you are and old toppie, but tell me if I'm, wrong), thank you very much for the complement. Does that mean I get some money or a discount when I buy something?
    Yup,

You get discount on Gumtree for a almost new blow up dartbord...
    Gerhard Delport

We lose ourselves in the things we love.
    We also find ourselves there... Too

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Why? Even AngloGold Ashanti has to share their financial reports to the public...what's confidential about how much money it costs or how much you make? It's law that every company must make public their financial records...it's really nothing to hide, surely?

I'm asking, because I'm with Afrihost too (my website), and the hosting, ADSL line, the works is not costing me that much. Just interested, that's all.
    That package is way under what we move on this site in terms of bandwidth disk space etc and then we keep our hosting local to make sure you guys have a much faster browsing experience which in the end costs allot more.

Mike, it is not just about the hosting cost there is also the time spent by myself, Philip and MC that must be accounted for in the end...

With pleasure share your rob builds!! I for one love viewing your work. The problem arises from the marketing of websites, personal brands through usernames, signatures, water marked images etc...
    Okay cool, understood...I have nothing anymore in my Avatar & Signature which links to my site, and my pics have my name on them, not a company name or website, etc. My username is my real name too...so it's all good then.

It's just some people cannot help but being snotty children when it comes to these things...won't mention names....*COUGH*korrie*COUGH*....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Still want to know, can we (Mario and myself who are not businesses) still share some interesting rod builds on the forum, or must we just stop posting anything under the rod building thread?
    That's the bottom line, surely? Either we can post under the rod building thread, or not. Your decision Phillip and Pierre.
    Mike, Mike

C'mon bru. You two are getting business (yes, I know it's "part-time") by posting your rod builds. You know it and everyone knows it.

Next question: Should you be paying advertising fees?
    Answer: Depends on FT.

Another question: Should FT be reimbursing you for the increase in hits due to your posts resulting in the site being bumped up in value
    Answer: Depends on FT

A thought: Maybe applying offset and maintaining the status quo is the best solution?

That package is way under what we move on this site in terms of bandwidth disk space etc and then we keep our hosting local to make sure you guys have a much faster browsing experience which in the end costs allot more.

Mike, it is not just about the hosting cost there is also the time spent by myself, Philip and MC that must be accounted for in the end...
    That is actually for local hosting with unlimited bandwidth.
    If you double the cost (R2400) you get 5gb of disk space.
    So by simply doing something like offsite hosting of images, (i.e encouraging members to use imageshack etc you can also keep growth rates under check)

Im certainly not trying to undermine things here and I do appreciate the situation, but the manner in which a topic is broached has as much bearing on its acceptance and inception as anything else!

For one I wouldnt mind paying an annual membership fee and let the guys carry on as per usual. Of course you need to step in when people abuse the situation but in my experience this has not been the case in the last while!

Now onto more NB matters, so Gertrude Im extatic to hear ure finally doing something with your site! Ive been dying to see the bloody thing since you first mentioned it to me all those years back
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

snotty or realistic???
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11