Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Advertising Rules

Default Advertising Rules

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks to all who contribute to the Fly Talk forum.

Recently we have had some advertisers coming on board, this really helps to carry the cost of the Fly Talk forum. Still there is quite a few guys abusing the forum to advertise their products. These guys do make a profit and know exactly who they are. It is unfair to those who do pay and we do believe they recive the mileage out of their advertising.

Those who still have their businesses linked through their usernames and passwords please change this before the 15th of Feb. 2011 or we will delete your account after which you can re register.

Just the latest stats on the Fly Talk website: yesterday we were ranked 8th in the world out of 515 Fly Fishing websites according to Alexa.com, see below and have had 589 000 page views, 1.7 million hits and 12 250 Unique visitors (A unique visitor is a statistic describing a unit of traffic to a Web site, counting each visitor only once in the time frame of the report. This statistic is relevant to site publishers and advertisers as a measure of a site's true audience size, equivalent to the term "Reach" used in other media.)

Contact us for your advertising options.

Here is an extract from the Forum rules:

Advertising Services and Solicitation

We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in avatars, signatures and usernames is also prohibited.

Links in avatars, signatures and usernames must follow these guidelines

* Linking to a commercial product/service is prohibited
    * A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Fly Talk community standards. The Fly Talk team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.

For the rules please click below

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=5310

Fish, those stat's are very cool....I have never looked back since joining the forum in 2006....

So welldone to all....what a great forum. I have met some great people, got intoxicated with them (after Herman Jooste spiked my Chai Tea with some run off called Negrita Rum) and even better fished with them, in short, made good friends as a result of being a member on the forum.

So cheers to FlyTalk....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

The j-vice I bought from GAZA (GARY), I have offered to pay the 5% Flytalk fee and have contacted Philip for banking details.

Vice arrives t/morrow per courier.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I agree with Shammers

Except I aint too sure about some of the okes I have met....

All Jokes aside you guys are doing a fantastic job!

So thanks and keep it up!
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    The j-vice I bought from GAZA (GARY), I have offered to pay the 5% Flytalk fee and have contacted Philip for banking details.

Vice arrives t/morrow per courier.

Dave
    That is not good enough Uncle Pops
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    That is not good enough Uncle Pops
    Good enough for me.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Geeee... Why are we not on the top 5??????

Hi Guys

To have your username changed please contact Philip flytalk@telkomsa.net and we will do it for you.

All the best

Pierre

I think I would like to change my username to Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptre View Post
    I think I would like to change my username to Spartacus.
    Or Smartass.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast