View Poll Results: What shoot be done about Mr Whiskas????

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill Mr. Whiskas

41 78.85%
  • Leave Mr Whiskas alone.

7 13.46%
  • Who's Mr Whiskas

4 7.69%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Elandspad Weir pool Sharptooth Catfish

He also got Pirana with a spear.

Quote Originally Posted by etsteph View Post
    On Ultimate Suvival, Bear Grills was in Canada, and one of the ways he was getting food in the streams was to look for fish (trout) under rocks with his hands - he actually got one on that program - a wild rainbow wedged in against a rock!
    Saw the same thing on the Food Channel, The program's name was "What to eat now - Summer" with Valentine Turner or something like that. To cut a long story short - he caught trout with his hands in an English chalk stream along with a guide (one of the few okes allowed to do this)
    André

Fly fishing noob

It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by etsteph View Post
    On Ultimate Suvival, Bear Grills was in Canada, and one of the ways he was getting food in the streams was to look for fish (trout) under rocks with his hands - he actually got one on that program - a wild rainbow wedged in against a rock!
    Yes, I saw that. Very cold water, fish lethargic, same with our warm water conditions in summer, where they also get lethargic. I think in ideally oxygenated water conditions, you wouldn't be able to get that close.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Shame the barbel probaly went for a recce up the Smalblaar, got to the weir and could go no further.
    Decided, it is K@K here, water to clean, no debris and rubbish to scavenge, plus the trout have pienk poefter meat, So might as well go back to the Breede.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Ryan I reckon u should take some "lok aas" with you next time.maybe some chicken livers in an onion bag or something.......
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Default AAArrgghhh...wrong flippin weir!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Ryan, he lives in the big pool at the second weir (one with the steel steps on the right).

We found an eel at the first weir as well. Nice size!
    Thanks Rendier, will try there next time!
    Trout are as much a part of South Africa as the oak trees are of Stellenbosch – not to be planted in wilderness areas where they do not already occur, but to be valued where they are established.

Default Browns behaving strangely...

I don't personally think that being stockies has anything to do with the browns behaving strangely as I've seen a brown trout do this on the Witte after being spooked...kind of Ostrich mentality "If I can't see it it won't hurt me"...
    I thought the browns would be the first to take strain with this heavy summer heat and low water flow, but what interested me about my little snorkel session was the number of rainbows that looked skraal and in bad shape...though this could also be from more handling??
    Trout are as much a part of South Africa as the oak trees are of Stellenbosch – not to be planted in wilderness areas where they do not already occur, but to be valued where they are established.

Noodling time on the Elandspad... Have fun Weavs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5