Thread: salty flies

Default salty flies

hey guys

I have been tying up some salt water flies to test when i finally get down to the coast. please give me some feedback as i would like to improve them where needed.

thanks guys...

and post pics of similar flies you've done if you'd like.

lets get a comprehensive list of flies on one post if we can as it will help everyone along the line.

here are a few of mine.

thanks again

keep well fellow Fishers

i'll take a few more photos later on and continue to post the pics...

keep well guys!

tight lines

flies look awsome
    the only thing I would do is taper the clousers a bit more
    look at the taper on the olive/white baitfish and replicate
    the last little squidee fly looks the buisness

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Flies look fine mate.

Only thing in that first row with the rabbit strips, I reckon they are going to wrap around the hook like buggery.
    It is difficult to see if the strips are glued together to make it stiffer or if there is a mono weedguard to stop it happening.

Might have a problem with shad nipping the tails off if they are striking short.
    Would add a bit more flash down the lateral line to get them to strike higher up.

Nice ties.

Edit: Just thinking again, to stop the wrapping you might consider a bit of bucktail around the rabbit strips.
    Last edited by Kevin James; 20-07-10 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Add some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtooth View Post
    Flies look fine mate.

Only thing in that first row with the rabbit strips, I reckon they are going to wrap around the hook like buggery.
    It is difficult to see if the strips are glued together to make it stiffer or if there is a mono weedguard to stop it happening.

Might have a problem with shad nipping the tails off if they are striking short.
    Would add a bit more flash down the lateral line to get them to strike higher up.

Nice ties.

Edit: Just thinking again, to stop the wrapping you might consider a bit of bucktail around the rabbit strips.
    thanks bud...will look at sorting that tail out!

the flies underbody is pearl flash, but the photos are from my cell phone so it doesnt show up too well. but i appreciate the feedback guys.

anyone got some interesting new ties?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtooth View Post
    Flies look fine mate.

Nice ties.

That be the way to go, good advice.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

here are some new flies for my upcoming trip to inhasorro mozambique!!!

comments welcome hehe

You tie some really nice flies ... my only comment is that I'd use a bigger hook especially on the FPs as you tend to close the gape a bit.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

will go get some...those are the best hooks i have right now, but thanks for that! i wasnt sure how it would affect hook up as the material will give when taken, but anything that might cause me to miss something will be altered!

thank you Scythe

Hey Gazza

Those brush flies will kick ass when it comes to tiger fish, that is for sure...welldone!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)