Thread: Fly box/holder for bulky flies

Default Fly box/holder for bulky flies

I saw this concept while fishing with a friend. Except his fly box that was imported cost a couple of $. Here is my own version, not the prettiest, but does the job a very cheap and easy option to carrying your bulky flies.
    I bought a cheap CD case from china town R25, took out the cd holders and added a couple of zip lock bags with a piece of aluminium and pop rivets, it’s that easy, waterproof, compact and keeps your zonker tails nice and straight.

Very nice idea....You can also buy those pouches the rock and surf guys use to store their ready made leaders,but your option is way cheaper

Leke initiative!

But, I can't see anything beat the Justin case currently.One solid piece of plastic!

10x13"

Sjoe, a bit bulky I think.

http://www.caddisflyshop.com/cljuca.html

"Finally, the fly box of our dreams for expedition-style fishing trips or fly tying over beer on boys night out. Not for teeny tiny trout flies, this mama may only be a little larger (10” by 13”) than the Bugger Beast, but it is deeper, stouter and can be used to smush in Grizzly bear’s faces if they have a problem with sharing the water. Listen up: over 50 rows of slits in industrial strength foam. This fly box is reputed to be bombproof but we tested it and it did melt if the explosion yield exceeded 12.5 kilotons, so that claim is conditional. It is also waterproof, pretty much. Again, when tested at extreme depths it did leak at around 4,567 meters. When we flipped drift boats over to test water-proof-ness under normal conditions, this fly box floated away high-and-dry while the boat promptly sank. Honestly, it is difficult to accurately share the feelings one experiences when opening and beholding this fly transport – storage case, revealing the treasures nestled inside. Saltwater flies tied for bonefish, permit, barracuda, giant trevally, shiner perch, and Great White Sharks store securely and look great in this box. Fill this baby with low water summer steelhead flies and watch your buddies faint. Comets? Clousers? Bass flies and woolhead sculpin flies? Oh yeah."

I love what Andre has done and was fortunate enough to receive a demo unit; will definitely be on the ark come the next LM trip.

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post

will definitely be on the ark come the next LM trip.
    mmmmm, ark, LM trip all sounds sweet. the water is dropping nicely now. i think we should go praktooosh....................